Can't adjust brightness on LCD

MikeS

n00b
I spilled coffee on my Gateway Solo 5300's keyboard and I've replaced the keyboard, motherboard, and RAM and it's all working again except I can't adjust the brightness of the screen. All the function keys on the keyboard work except the volume control and LCD brightness control. I'm not sure what else to try. I installed the latest BIOS and reinstalled the keyboard drivers. Could the display be broken? It works, but it's really dim. I can't adjust the brightness up or down so I'm hoping I can still get it to work. Is there any way to adjust it without the keyboard? I can't believe they don't have a switch on the actual screen to adjust it :confused: Anybody have any ideas? I've tried everything I can think of but I'm not that knowledgeable about laptops so I was hoping somebody here would have some ideas.

Same thing happened to me on my sager, I took out the keyboard and then put it back on and the brightness controls and volume controls didn't work, I didn't know what was going on, turns out the ribbon cable wasn't pushed in ALL the way......
Good luck.

Back