Can't erase SD card - any suggestions?

whisper

Limp Gawd
I had a 2 GB micro-SD card in my old phone and wanted to re-use it for something else (a different phone I'm selling). I popped it in my iMac and it says it's read only, can't erase any folders or files. Anyone know any utils that would allow me to format the card or erase the files? Any idea why it's "read only" - when I had it in my old phone, I could copy files to/from the card with ease.

Thanks.

I had a 2 GB micro-SD card in my old phone and wanted to re-use it for something else (a different phone I'm selling). I popped it in my iMac and it says it's read only, can't erase any folders or files. Anyone know any utils that would allow me to format the card or erase the files? Any idea why it's "read only" - when I had it in my old phone, I could copy files to/from the card with ease.

Thanks.

Did you bump the write-protect ('lock') slider on the SD carrier card?

images

Have you tried SD Formatter? Its program by the SD group. Also like marshac said, check the lock slider.... good luck

Your Mac probably is seeing the system partition android makes n maybe doesn't know what to do with it ... ? do as others have posted

try to cd into the /Volumes/ directory and "sudo rm" the files. Or also try to chmod the directory

Back