Can't even get stock with OCZ Blade Low-Volt 9200 kit on LP JR P45 T2RS

Concentric

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey people,

I know there are already a number of threads about OCing on this board but none really ask the same questions and I don't want to hijack.

I've been running a new system (sig) for a little while with no issues but was using Corsair Value Select 667 stuff, so got the OCZ Blade LV 9200 kit to see if I could get on with some OCing.

I realise it isn't supposed to be easy, especially on DFIs, but I don't even seem to be able to run the OCZ at stock - I understand this is 1150Mhz 5-5-5-18 at 1.9V?

If I set these options in the BIOS, with no other changes (CPU setting, voltages etc at stock) my MemTest boot CD doesn't even get more than about 5-10 seconds into the first test before the system reboots.
I tried with the Value Select and it happily passes tests.

I've tried upping the DRAM voltage to 2V and increasing the NB by one notch but it didn't seem to have any effect.

What other options could I try?
Could the memory potentially be duff?

Thanks in advance for bothering to read and reply :p

hmm interesting.. you could try setting the timing to 6-6-6-20 and just see if it will atleast boot.. could just be that the board doesnt like the ram..DFI boards have anways been known for being picky when it comes to memory.. you could also try running the ram at 1066 5-5-5-18 instead of 1150..

also make sure you have the timing set to 2T instead of 1T this could also be causing a problem..

Either use 1:1 FSB/DRAM ratio (333/667 or 400/800) or increase your northbridge/MCH voltage to around 1.30-1.35V (you can decrease later if this works). The chipset won't run 1066 or greater speeds on stock chipset voltages.

Thanks for the replies.

I tried doing some testing in Windows instead - Prime95 Blend test runs for hours and IBT passes on Medium and High at 400FSB, 333/667 ratio, 5-5-5-18 and 2V with slightly higher NB volts too, so might be a problem with the MemTest I burnt?

Also just trying 333/800 now with a lil bit more NB voltage.

Hi. I'm wondering if you ever got these sticks to work on the P45 Jr in Memtest?

btw one thing I've read about them is that increased voltage doesn't really do anything but add heat. Try using the *recommended* voltage range for the RAM, 1.80-1.85.

Back