Cant Identify my CPU. Athlon XP

WhDemon

Limp Gawd
Fixing my Friends computer and having hard time finding his CPU.
Info I can get from Cpuz and Everest

AMD Athlon XP
Barton
Socket A 462
Tech 0.13um

Multi x 11
Bus 100
Cache 64/64/512

Bumped the bus to 166 to reach the 2500+ version

Rated FSB at 333.

Not sure tho. Help ? :rolleyes:

You sure it wasn't just a barton +2500? The only thing off is the bus speed really. I

Well thanks guys !!! I was not that far after all.
Athlon XP 2500+ 1833 MHz 512 KB 333 MT/s 11x

Looks like right.. I hope... or he'll call me saying : Why theres smoke?

And then he can dump that Chip and get a Dual core lol.

Now Im trying to install his damn Modem Card.
Motorola SM56. Arggg

You sure it wasn't just a barton +2500? The only thing off is the bus speed really. I
I was pretty sure, but I also like to ask here to make sure since "pretty" was not enough ;)

The 2500+ and 3200+ shared the same specs, just used a different FSB. Thats what made the 2500+ such a great chip. Put it in the board, set the FSB to 200 and you've got a 3200+. (assuming the chip can handle it)

im actually surprised it didnt say what the processor was under the windows information when you right click on my computer then go to properties.. it should of said what it was right there.. never had an athlon XP processor that didnt show its name there..

Now I want a Barton. :p I still have a Socket A system with a Geode NX 1750 (25W TDP T-Bred 1.4GHz). The motherboard can take a 400MHz FSB Barton.

im actually surprised it didnt say what the processor was under the windows information when you right click on my computer then go to properties.. it should of said what it was right there.. never had an athlon XP processor that didnt show its name there..

It show its name when clocked right.

Now I want a Barton. :p I still have a Socket A system with a Geode NX 1750 (25W TDP T-Bred 1.4GHz). The motherboard can take a 400MHz FSB Barton.

Hehe

I had a 2500+ rig a while ago.. good performer at the time.

It also had this CPU a while ago, then the x2 5600+, then the x965.

My main rig is still an Athlon XP 3000+ with a 6600GT AGP.....

>.>

PM me for computer parts donations if you live in the southeast. lol

Back