Capacitor help

magnusvir

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok I went to the local radioshack to replace 2 busted caps on a socket A mobo I have here in the hopes of getting another proc up. They don't have it.

Anyplace I can reliably order capacitors or can anyone hook me up with some? I need 2 blue and gold 6.3V 3300 microF caps.

Thanks all. :)

AtomicMoose said:
Mag, this may be better served in the Mobo forum... :)

Sure Moose, but can I wait for some replies here first? Please give me till the end of the day. :)

All you need are 3300uF Radial-lead aluminum electrolytic caps with a voltage rating equal to or greater than 6.3V.

mouser has plenty
digikey has a bunch, too. On their home page, search for "3300uF" and then select "electrolytic capacitors" on the next page. It has a nice parametric search that comes up.
Jameco also has a parametric search, but I didin't have as much luck with it.

Mohonri said:
All you need are 3300uF Radial-lead aluminum electrolytic caps with a voltage rating equal to or greater than 6.3V.

mouser has plenty
digikey has a bunch, too. On their home page, search for "3300uF" and then select "electrolytic capacitors" on the next page. It has a nice parametric search that comes up.
Jameco also has a parametric search, but I didin't have as much luck with it.

hey thanks. how do I know I am buying a blue and gold resistor? :confused:

What do you mean a "blue and gold" [capacitor]? The color of the outside doesn't mean anything.

magnusvir said:
hey thanks. how do I know I am buying a blue and gold resistor? :confused:

The color of the cap shouldn't matter. Only the capacitance and voltage rating. And type as well, to ensure that you can solder it on ok - surface mount, electrolytic cylinder, etc.

For motherboard caps, you want the radial leaded type. (That's the kind with both leads coming out of one end of a cylinder).

magnusvir said:
blue and gold resistor? :confused:

color DOES matter for resistors

but you are lookingfor caps which doesn't really matter.

magnusvir said:
Anyplace I can reliably order capacitors or can anyone hook me up with some?
You could try here.
I bought a few kits from him several years ago when Abit had a big problem with their boards.

ChelseaOilman

magnusvir said:
Sure Moose, but can I wait for some replies here first? Please give me till the end of the day. :)
Did you get the info you needed or shall I move this now?

Back