Capcom and EA claim PCs are better....

RussianHAXOR

Supreme [H]ardness
Recently, Capcom has claimed that they will be developing games with the PC gamers in mind. This being a departure from their own mostly console based business as of recent. Now, after Capcom had recently made that announcement we hear that EA says that the PC is the platform of the future and that they will put renewed effort into making better games as opposed to more games. :eek: I dont really know how much of this will stand to be true, but we shall see within the next year or two whether or not they are really just talking or going to act on their words.

Here are some stories...

Even in this slow economy, Capcom isnt leaving us PC gamers out.
Resident Evil 5 will be designed with stereo-3d in mind!!! This excites me sooo much.. that I'm wetting my pants already.

A special message from Capcom's Community PR boss, pertaining to the announcement of Resident Evil 5 PC:

Although I personally am no longer a PC gamer (turns out that 7-year-old Alienware rigs don't run 2009 games that well) there are still lots and lots of you console haterz out there. Good news, Windows nerds, Capcom is finally gonna give you some love for those dual $700 3D cards you shelled out for. Starting in July, we're going to roll out Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando on PC, followed in the fall by... wait for it... Resident Evil 5! Here's a couple of cool things for the PC versions of the games:

•Street Fighter IV will be Games for Windows LIVE, which means voice chat, online matching and Achievements.
•Resident Evil 5 is gonna support NVIDIA's rad new 3D LCD glasses, the GeForce 3D Vision. Majini in your face! Sheva on your lap!
•Rumor has it that those with Mad Catz SFIV sticks will be able to simply plug them in to your PC and they will be recognized by Street Fighter IV. Wait, this is truth, not actually a rumor.
•All games will support DX9 and DX10.
•Ultra-high resolutions and wide-screen support. Laugh at console player's lowly 1080p as you crank your monitor up.
•Mouse and keyboard support for all three titles, but for God's sake, go buy a gamepad with analog sticks.
http://www.voodooextreme.com

This just at the heels of Capcom's developments...I guess all of these companies realized that this year they didnt make very good profits and that maybe part of that was due in part to there not being very many good PC games and the fact that they put the consoles in a higher priority to us PC gamers. Not to mention that some losses may have made them reconsider their business models. I welcome this development because i was beginning to get very pissed at game developers and studios(mostly management) for ignoring PC gamers, the ones who made gaming what it is today.
Electronic Arts [NASDAQ: ERTS] announced its fourth quarter financial results, and well, they were in-line with the recession and all the doom and gloom that still is surrounding the world. However, unlike AMD, Intel, nVidia in the world of PC hardware and Activision Blizzard [NASDAQ: ATVI], Take Two [NASDAQ: TTWO] and others in the world of software - EA didn't post an increase of sales plus losses, but rather a 24% decrease in revenues and a 7% loss.

If we look at the results, EA managed to achieve $1.65 billion revenue and a massive $0.64 billion loss. Looking at the whole of 2008, EA achieved $3.67 billion sales and a 454 million dollar loss, while EA achieved 3.09 billion sales and a 76 million dollar profit back in 2007. Interestingly though, EA's largest competitor had almost identical revenue: Activision Blizzard had $1.64B revenue, but managed to lose just $71M.

http://brightsideofnews.com/news/20...er---but-finally-praises-the-pc-platform.aspx

I hope he's not serious about the gamepad with analog sticks. If so, then I already how RE5 is going to turn out.

Pretty fucking sad that they even have to mention mouse support in a PC shooter. Thought it's certainly a good idea to drill it in after that disastrous RE4 port...

...for God's sake, go buy a gamepad with analog sticks.
Yeah, no better way to win over PC gamers than to tell them they should all be playing shooters with a gamepad.

Pretty fucking sad that they even have to mention mouse support in a PC shooter. Thought it's certainly a good idea to drill it in after that disastrous RE4 port...

Yeah, no better way to win over PC gamers than to tell them they should all be playing shooters with a gamepad.

Exactly.

This generation of consoles is drying up, and no doubt theres development studios that want to do more but are held back by the console platform.

Meanwhile PCs are ahead of the game, so much so that theres no games out on the market to justify things like Quad GPU other than Crysis, I don't think I can recall another period in PC gaming history where we had no games to challenge the available hardware especially at resolutions like 2560x1600 which only a few percent of us run.

they´ll develope games with PC gamers in mind??
well i hope they´re telling the truth, but chances are they´ll just make a crappy port :(

This excites me sooo much.. that I'm wetting my pants already.

LMA0!!! :D

they´ll develope games with PC gamers in mind??
well i hope they´re telling the truth, but chances are they´ll just make a crappy port :(

LMA0!!! :D

actually, Capcom did a really good port these days..

not just a graphically boost, but also the performances are stunning...

I'm pretty sure he's refering to SF4 with that quote. As an overall "have a gamepad to be well rounded" is all.

That quote about the gamepad probably refers to Strret Fighter. Playing a fighting game like Street Fighter would be horrible with a keyboard/mouse.

Mouse and keyboard is my preferred setup for shooters/rts games. I've played competitive Quake and CS. When it comes to something like Resident Evil, Gears, or Street Fighter those games are made to be played with analog sticks. There's absolutely nothing wrong with shelling out $30 for a wired 360 controller and enjoying the games on your pc. Gears on PC is 10x better than the 360 but it's made to be played with a gamepad. You get better frames rates, higher resolution, more eye candy and the plug in play convience of the 360 controller.

Resident Evil is a 3rd person shooter, I'm sorry, It's meant to be played with a game pad.

Get off the mouse and keyboard highhorse and accept that there are games that are better suited to a gamepad. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!

That's the beauty of PC gaming. You get to use your mouse/keyboard with your FPS/RTS titles, You can plug in a flight stick for something like FSX or Hawx, or you can plug in a controller and duke it out in street fighter or blow off heads with gears.

The PC is the ultimate, most versatile gaming platform.

i believe it was sony who tricked developers into thinking the playstation would be the only console everyone needs. i guess you cant blame them for trying to win, but its good to see people are waking up to the facts. PC's are to consoles what open source is to internet explorer ;)

This is true. PC's have greater Expandability and Personalization options.

It's great to hear that game studios are starting to wake up. Hopefully the rest will get wise and follow suit.

Resident Evil is a 3rd person shooter, I'm sorry, It's meant to be played with a game pad.

Get off the mouse and keyboard highhorse and accept that there are games that are better suited to a gamepad. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!
A well-implemented mouse and keyboard control scheme in a third-person shooter is absolutely no different from a mouse and keyboard control scheme in a first-person shooter. Anyone who's played Max Payne will tell you you're full of shit.

Yes, there certainly are games better suited to a gamepad, but anything requiring you to aim is not among them.

A well-implemented mouse and keyboard control scheme in a third-person shooter is absolutely no different from a mouse and keyboard control scheme in a first-person shooter. Anyone who's played Max Payne will tell you you're full of shit.

Yes, there certainly are games better suited to a gamepad, but anything requiring you to aim is not among them.

Max Payne was dragged down by the omnipresent 3rd person cheat of looking around corners without actually looking, so your statement is false.

The game mechanics in Resident Evil 5 are completely different from max payne. The only thing they have in common is the 3rd person perspective and not even so because of the camera system.

You can't compare the two, they're apples and oranges.

Max Payne was dragged down by the omnipresent 3rd person cheat of looking around corners without actually looking, so your statement is false.
I didn't say the game mechanics are identical. I said the control scheme is identical.

The game mechanics in Resident Evil 5 are completely different from max payne. The only thing they have in common is the 3rd person perspective and not even so because of the camera system.
The game mechanics are entirely different. The control mechanics are not. You've got movement in four principal directions and you've got freelook - the same basic elements you've got in an FPS - and they simply work better on a mouse and keyboard, whether or not you happen to be staring at the back of your character's head. There's a reason that console shooters rely so heavily on auto-aim.

Finally some of these companies are waking up. I guess everyone learns something when they have less money in their wallets. Thats the only way you can wake up anyone these days.

If Capcom really cares about the PC community, it'll give the alternate costume packs for Street Fighter 4 and that pathetic comes-on-the-disc-but-we-charge-to-unlock-it competitive multiplayer for Resident Evil 5 to PC buyers for free.

If EA really feels this way, then why in the hell did they drop all of their sports/racing games on the PC?

I'm pretty sure he's refering to SF4 with that quote. As an overall "have a gamepad to be well rounded" is all.
It definitely sounded to me like he was referring to any Capcom game, BUT SFIV. Street Fighter is played with the D Pad, not analog joysticks. Honestly I'm not that worried though. I was perfectly happy playing Dead Space with my gamepad. I feel like that is what they are referring to, just basic Mouse and Keyboard support, but not utilizing the game for it like the way PC gamers expect. Which is disappointing, really.

Two of Capcom's biggest franchises - Street Fighter and Devil May Cry - really need some sort of gamepad or other peripheral other than the mouse and keyboard. That is just common sense. Maximising mouse/keyboard for games like Resident Evil and maybe Bionic Commando where using mouse/keyboard is actually practical is obviously the best option for us as PC gamers, but I echo some of the sentiments here - some games need a gamepad.

Last edited:
RE5 with a mouse and keyboard would be terrible. They might as well make a non interactive movie is they are going to do that. re4 was my first re game and at first a i thought the controls sucked, but i realize now that if you could move and shoot and the same time, and with the same accuracy as a mouse, they game would be terrible easy and very frightening.

Capcom has been porting actual good shit to PC for a while now. Nice to know that they'll be focusing more though.

That quote about the gamepad probably refers to Strret Fighter. Playing a fighting game like Street Fighter would be horrible with a keyboard/mouse.

But if I play it with a keyboard, I can mash a TON more buttons at once.

Um, I'm not exactly what you'd call "skilled" at that sort of game... >_>

But if I play it with a keyboard, I can mash a TON more buttons at once.

Um, I'm not exactly what you'd call "skilled" at that sort of game... >_>

Haha, maybe if it was marvel vs. capcom mashing would get you a combo or two. But in SFIV that wouldn't really get you anywhere :p

Title fail, that's not what they said at all. That having been said, this is clearly just hype and marketing speak. I really wouldn't get your hopes up over this.

Haha, maybe if it was marvel vs. capcom mashing would get you a combo or two. But in SFIV that wouldn't really get you anywhere :p

Playing SF games on keyboard is infinitely easier than using a joypad or even an arcade stick, except when using characters which require 360 degree rotations like zangief.

Alright then, Capcom - I'm calling your bluff!

TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM - PC version, 1080p resolution or higher, online play.

I still don't see the need for a 12 button controller when I already have a 104 button controller.

Playing SF games on keyboard is infinitely easier than using a joypad or even an arcade stick, except when using characters which require 360 degree rotations like zangief.

I guess I'll have to disagree with that. I can play infinitely better on an arcade stick ;).

Back