Card or CPU cause for lag at 1920x1200 rez?

Yonkers

Weaksauce
I just received my Dell 2405FPW LCD today and am running it at its native resolution, 1920x1200. I find that I am experiencing ghosting when I play games. I get it on both Far Cry and Day of Defeat:Source. DoD is better than Far Cry but since it's an online game it's still worse because I can't afford any lag.
I have a dual Opteron 248 (2.2Ghz), 4 GB RAM, ATI xt800 PE system.
I'm not sure if it's the CPU or the video card that is not able to keep up with that resolution.
What do you guys think?

I'm not getting either actually. I'm getting input lag. That's where you hit a key on the keyboard or move the mouse and it doesn't react until a few milliseconds later. So I let go of a key to stop moving and I'll continue moving just a bit more. In games where twitchy fingers win, this is a killer.
According to the Display forum this might have to do with the bandwidth required to pump 1920x1200 resolution down DVI. Um... or something.

I just got my 2405fwp monitor and have the same input lag problem as you. I haven’t done extensive testing of games yet but just moving the mouse around windows has some lag to it. I've tried changing mouse and video card drivers, no change. DVI or D-SUB makes no difference either. I also use a wacom intuos2 tablet and it lags as well. I have a P4 3.0, 6800GT, 2gigs ram. Also changing the resolution doesnt help either. I hope we can solve this problem, I dont want to have to return this monitor.

Dual link DVI is required at resolutions past 1600x1200. The X800XT-PE doesn't have it. That's why they have to run at 1600x1200@60Hz in Crossfire mode.

The 7800GTX was the first dual link DVI gaming card IIRC. Dual Link DVI isn't new, but for the retail and enthusiest markets it is. Professionals have had it available in uber workstation cards for awhile.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Dual link DVI is required at resolutions past 1600x1200. The X800XT-PE doesn't have it. That's why they have to run at 1600x1200@60Hz in Crossfire mode.

The 7800GTX was the first dual link DVI gaming card IIRC. Dual Link DVI isn't new, but for the retail and enthusiest markets it is. Professionals have had it available in uber workstation cards for awhile.

I'm driving a newly-purchased 2405 at 1920x1200 just fine on a X800 XT via DVI.

Sir-Fragalot said:

Well, it's running at 1920x1200. Not running optimally but I am indeed seeing something. I thought the only monitor that needs dual-link DVI at this point is the Apple 30" Cinema?
According to this link I just looked up real quick, a single-link DVI can run 1920x1080 at 60Hz.
http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html
I indeed forgot to turn down the eyecandy so I will have to test again. I have everything maxed out right now.

Back