Case Experience - TJ-07/TJ-06/PC-V1100B

Impulse said:
How is any of that going to address the problem I mentioned? What does your motherboard's temperature (which isn't the mobo temp, just the case temp around the sensor on the mobo) relevant if I'm talking about the video cards? Better fans won't do squat for the cards, now air flows directly over the cards... :rolleyes: And they get many times hotter than any other component.

Btw, the Stacker has filters behind it's front grills (not sure if it has any on the side, probably not, would have to rig something separate there), I imagine they're not the most convenient to clean but they are removable and they're on every one of the drive bay plates. I'm not a fan of the mesh panels in general, but theirs look a bit more convenient if you're in a dusty enviroment.

Go ahead and get the Stacker 830 then, don't tell me I'm wrong about a case I have.

Mixman said:
Go ahead and get the Stacker 830 then, don't tell me I'm wrong about a case I have.
You're pretty oblivious to about half the things being discussed here, no offense. I'm not getting any case atm, I was simply participating in the discussion and offering monopixel some advice. I don't have a clear prefference between them and I'm not trying to sell him one over the other at all.

The fact remains, that the video cards in the TJ07 are not properly cooled and you haven't stated anything that would clearly prove that to the contrary, you keep bringing up facts that have nothing to do with the GPU's temperature. I'm sure with a relatively low end card it works fine, but with higher end cards or a SLI setup it's not gonna give you good temperatures at all, compared to other cases.

It's not about being wrong or right, it's something you have no way of evaluating since you're not running a hotter card... I'm done here.

Impulse said:
The fact remains, that the video cards in the TJ07 are not properly cooled and you haven't stated anything that would clearly prove that to the contrary, ...................

Solved!

IMG_2688.jpg

JonDoms said:
Easy! Settle down now. You could be just raising a post and in the end favor for a Lian Li case and hence draw favor for the Lian Li camp. But then I digress.....

Just messing with you man.

I have a SB75S and i had some audio issues as well but after a fresh install and an update to the bios it seems to have fixed 95% of the stuff. I think my only problem is the front mic jack. It doesn't work 100% of the time.
Also I ran a P4 3.06 Northwood in there. The temps were around 34 C idle. I put a blow hole in it and dual fans on the ICE for push pull effect. I also installed Silverstone 80mm fans and used speedfan to keep the RPM's down. Which = less noise. I only had a raptor in there though so it's not really a good comparison to most cases with a 2nd HDD or DVD drive.

Get the TJ07. The unibody construction, the design / looks are waaaaay better than the Lian Li's. I guess I say this b/c I am Anti holes in the front of my chassis.
Plus I saw a really cheesy knockoff at Microcenter of the Lian Li's with perforated holes in the front.
Yuck.
The nice removable HDD cages and the removable Mobo tray is what won me over.

I think the better technologie of sheet metal processing goes to lian-li. Processing of metal surface almite , cutting technics and bending technics are abvious. And the LL's V series side panel studiness is far better than TJ07. Inside the chassis , thickness of the material seem to be same sa Lianli v series. So it can't be expect that decrease HD and drives vibration noises.

Of course I don't think V series is perfect case. The 2100's air flow is weak , 2000 is dust magnet. But from my point of view , there are no merit pay much more to chage your case if you already have Lian-li PC-V2000(2100).

I vote for origional stacker (not 810 or 830) if $400 is too much to swallow.

Should last you a couple builds or more :) It is cheaper but has a great design especialy for the price. I got mine recently for $160 shipped to my door...

It has it weakpoints as does any other case, and it is not full aluminum making some parts of it harder to cut, but over all it sounds like what your looking for.

I broke down and picked up the PC-V1100B for $242.98 to my door UPS Ground. Forcing me to wait till next week to get my case. Oh well, such is life. I'll post my initial impressions on the case when I get it.

Now is the fun part, I get to buy the internals. I am still not 100% on the parts for that system. That will be another thread.

havalon said:
I broke down and picked up the PC-V1100B for $242.98 to my door UPS Ground. Forcing me to wait till next week to get my case. Oh well, such is life. I'll post my initial impressions on the case when I get it.

Now is the fun part, I get to buy the internals. I am still not 100% on the parts for that system. That will be another thread.
how much did you pay for the silverstone tj07?

chinked|out said:
how much did you pay for the silverstone tj07?

I purchased the Lian-Li PC-1100B not the TJ-07. I don't know how much I could get it for, I didn't bother to look as it was still out of my price range.

monopixel said:
I think the better technologie of sheet metal processing goes to lian-li. Processing of metal surface almite , cutting technics and bending technics are abvious. And the LL's V series side panel studiness is far better than TJ07. Inside the chassis , thickness of the material seem to be same sa Lianli v series. So it can't be expect that decrease HD and drives vibration noises.

I don't agree with that entirely, the TJ07's 4mm-8mm thick single piece unibody frame is much more advanced than Lian Li's bended 1.5mm panels. The TJ07 has 2mm thick panels for interior support whereas the V series uses 1.5mm all around.

As for the processing of metal surface, they use different techniques to treat the interior. Lian Li's interior has a more shinny appearance, while Silverstone has a duller white looking color which is supposedly chromate-treated to resist corrosion. Whether ones is better than the other, I don't know.

V series' side panel is stiffer because Lian Li uses thicker 2mm aluminum panel vs. 1.5mm on the TJ07, but I don't think this difference is due to technical prowess as the side panels don't need to be bended. The cuttings on the Lian Li are a bit more refined so both companies have things that they can do better than the other.

tonyou said:
I don't agree with that entirely, the TJ07's 4mm-8mm thick single piece unibody frame is much more advanced than Lian Li's bended 1.5mm panels. The TJ07 has 2mm thick panels for interior support whereas the V series uses 1.5mm all around.
Yes I agree the strength of front panel but I meant to say about the technics of metal processing that has been used for whole chassis. More price , hevier , studier. That isn't what I want to say.

tonyou said:
As for the processing of metal surface, they use different techniques to treat the interior. Lian Li's interior has a more shinny appearance, while Silverstone has a duller white looking color which is supposedly chromate-treated to resist corrosion. Whether ones is better than the other, I don't know.
I agree with you. but I meant to say out side material. All black or silver parts which are used for outside material are almited. I think this finish looks perfectly in this point. The chassis looks condition last long time including front , top , rear and bottom.

tonyou said:
V series' side panel is stiffer because Lian Li uses thicker 2mm aluminum panel vs. 1.5mm on the TJ07, but I don't think this difference is due to technical prowess as the side panels don't need to be bended. The cuttings on the Lian Li are a bit more refined so both companies have things that they can do better than the other.
I don't think so. Side panel thickness is important for user who don't want vibration noise. V series sidepanels also have 4side steel frames. They increase much weigh for them. The side panel thichness and weigh decrease side panel noise. Even that v series side panel can't remove side panel vibration and can't get much noise reduction. Besides, if I remember correctly , TJ07's side panel isn't 1.5m thick , that might be 0.8mm ~ 1mm. When I check the side panel with a panel knocked practically , that sound is much loud comparing to that sound of V series. That is a one of a few regretable point in TJ07.
About V series , the top panel vibration is very much. We have to put something on the chassis or stick some weigh at top of inside the chassis to remove vibration.

tonyou said:
both companies have things that they can do better than the other.
I agree. :)

Althoug camparing two products with pricetag, I think the better chassis will be Lianli products.(Personally , I don't like lianli's air flow very much though:p )

monopixel said:
Yes I agree the strength of front panel but I meant to say about the technics of metal processing that has been used for whole chassis. More price , hevier , studier. That isn't what I want to say.)

Forming metal into shape is part of metal processing and the manufacturing technique required for bending TJ07's thick aluminum frame is probably superior to anything that Lian Li has done so far. Keep in mind that V series's external frame is only 1.5mm in thickness and in two smaller pieces, which is much easier to bend and control.

monopixel said:
Besides, if I remember correctly , TJ07's side panel isn't 1.5m thick , that might be 0.8mm ~ 1mm. When I check the side panel with a panel knocked practically , that sound is much loud comparing to that sound of V series. That is a one of a few regretable point in TJ07.

Maybe you saw a prototype? The side panels on the TJ07 is indeed 1.5mm thick, that I am 100% sure.

Back