Case fittings

Hi,

I have been trying to find some scre fittings for my case to fit a new fan in the window, but so farn not had much luck (see pic below), does anyone know where I can get a set of four?

Untitled-2.png

Thanks

Wolf

Which case is it? Usually the case windows just have screwholes you can fit standard fan screws into (the ones that come with fans).

The case is a Jeantech Aqua. The fan screw holes are square in shame, so the usual fan screws don't look good, and run the risk of damaging the perspex when screing a fan in

Just use washers and don't overtighten them and you wont damage the perspex. These will also cover the weird square holes so will look fine. You might be able to get more of these things from the manafacturer.

Yeah, that's specialty hardware, and the manufacturer will likely be your only source. Try writing them an e-mail, and see if it's available. Who knows, if they're still using that stuff, they might send it to you for free. :cool:

Otherwise, see if you can find some small carriage bolts that will fit the holes in the perspex, and use some sort of plastic or felt washer behind to keep from tightening it too much. Carriage bolts have a rounded head, with a squared neck immediately below the head, before going into a threaded round shank, and would look similar to what you have.

Back