case for watercooling

monk3y

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a case that can house a 240 rad without any mod's. Any come to mind?

I'm assuming two 120.1's? ("2. 120" is a little ambiguous for me)

First case that came to mind for me was Antec P180. One at the back, one at the 120mm fan hole in front of the top hard drive cage (remove cage though)

I think he means a 120.2 rad. You're looking at:

Thermaltake Armor
Stacker
Antec 900
Aerocool Masstige
Any Lian Li with a model number 1000 or over.
Silverstone TJ07 or a TJ09

to name a few.

will they all accept a 120.2 rad with no modification?

modding isnt that hard, all you need is the 114mm holesaw, drill and steady hand. did my LianLi PC71 with ease on my first ever modding attempt. best cases imo for water LianLi PC70,71,75 etc, oldskool.:D

modding isnt that hard, all you need is the 114mm holesaw, drill and steady hand. did my LianLi PC71 with ease on my first ever modding attempt. best cases imo for water LianLi PC70,71,75 etc, oldskool.:D

ya but, I don't want to spend $30 on a tool I will only use once

ya but, I don't want to spend $30 on a tool I will only use once

Then use it more than once. ;)

Seriously, look around at how others are modding cases and you might get some ideas for your case that will put those tools to good use.

I would actually be able to finish my ammo can case, maybe I will pick one up and get a lian li v1000

It pretty much just depends on your budget for a case. The TJ09/TJ10 can both house a 2x120mm radiator with the radiator support bracket or by drilling 4 mount holes in the support bar. You can also look at the Lian-Li A70/A71 with the 2x120mm top panel. I know that some people have used the Coolermaster 690 as well with a 120.2 by simply drilling 4 mounting holes in between the space for mounting of the 120mm/140mm fans in the top. It all really depends on how much you want to spend on the case, and how much modification you want to do. Drill four holes, cut out a spot for a rad grill, cut dual 120mm blowholes... etc.

alot of cases will accept a 120.2 its when you want to fit a 120.3 is when you start to run out of options!

Like the last post, there are many options if only planning a 120.2. As an example refer below. (Antec Sonata, since retired) I prefer to avoid power tools :eek:

P1010061.JPG

Any case with a mesh front panel, and at least 7 drive bays open, will allow you to mount a double radiator with ease.

Back