Case recommendations needed (airflow?)

rabhw

Weaksauce
Anyone have some good case recommendations for moderate overclocking? When I bought my rig, I wanted it to be as quiet as possible on air, so I went with the NZXT Hush. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but now I regret it because the case is so small and has such poor airflow that I have to run my GPU and CPU fan at 100% all the time to keep things at a reasonable temperature, which defeats the purpose of having bought this case at all.

I'd like to be able to push my Q6600 G0 to ~3.0 if I can. I already have a Tuniq Tower installed, but because it's so huge it's actually restricting airflow and causing more problems than it is helping right now. My CPU (Q6600 G0) cores idle at around 40-43, while my GPU (8800 Ultra) idles at around 63-65.

So yeah, any nice case recommendations? I'd like to stick to Mid-ATX if possible.

Edit: Budget is about 150-175 Canadian.

My recommendations would be antec 300 or coolermaster 590 or 690. they're all really nice cases with superb airflow.

Antec 300 has good airflow for a low price, but I'd go for a CM590/690 for the cable management too.

I concur regarding the Coolermaster 590 and 690. They're excellent cases and they have some of the best airflow designs out there.

Cooler Master HAF 192. Looks like a champ for all air builds and has serious possiblities for WC down the road. Man i wish i knew about it when i bought my stacker 830 (which i love though so its really not that bad.) If you can find a deal on the stacker 830 BUY it. Its a really nice case for air builds (its only so so for WC without modding, but in your case either would be sick or the 690 as that is a really nice case in terms of quality and air flow.

P182 with Scythe Kama-bay in the top 3 5,25" slots, good airflow AND you can still go quiet ;)

Back