Case Recommendations

Rabid Badger

2[H]4U
My current case is a Raidmax Astro 268. It's been home to 4 mobos, 3 processors, 4 graphics cards, 3 PSUs and a host of other components and it's starting to show it's age: stripped screw holes, scratched finish, the odd ding, etc.

I'm ready to replace my case and have about $100 to spend. Here are my requirements:

1) Excellent airflow. The 268 may be gaudy, but it keeps my components pretty damn cool.

2) A side window. I like to see my Big Typhoon and x1800xt.

3) Less bling. I've grown tired of chrome and lights and custom fan grills in the last 5 years.

Anyone know of a case that fits the bill?

A thermaltake xaser III is what i have in the black finish. Not too flashy. Large case It positioned my big typhoon with 190 cfm fan right where holes are drilled in the window. Comes with fan controler.

Ultra Aluminus...all aluminum and comes in Black, Silver and Blue (the paint is second to none) It has a large side window that will accept a 80mm fan and mounts for 120mm front and back. (no fans included) All optical/HD's mount with rails and it is very easy to get a clean wiring look with this case. The best part is they can be found for under $100. I got mine here http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=273035

Here is my favorite:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112099

11-112-099-07.jpg

Nice and simple. Tons of airflow. All 120mm fans. Decent price.

N

Edit: oops forgot you wanted a side window. oh well.

Thermaltake Aguila ~ $95 @ xoxide. (I'm building 2 computers for video editors using these cases right now) Available in silver.
xoxide_1904_4696154

Thermaltake Armor Jr. ~ $92 @ xoxide. Available in silver.
xoxide_1907_73128024

Aerocool Masstige ~ $105 @ xoxide. (Reversed ATX design :cool: ) Available in silver.
aerocool-masstige-b-2.jpg

Lian Li PC-65 ~ $119 @ xoxide (more expensive in black)
xoxide_1905_111427443

Those are just a few suggestions.. but Xoxide might not be the absolute cheapest place to find them, though I usually find it the cheapest for most cases that I order. All of them can be setup with fans for pretty good cooling, they all have a window, and look reserved, not flashy/ricey. =)

In regards to case windows, I'd much rather buy a case with great airflow and features without a window, then cut a window in the side panel in the shape that I want. Paying extra for a prefabbed window that everyone and their brother has doesn't make much sense to me.

Back