Case with 12-16 internal HDDs?

DrRetina

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I'm looking for a reasonable priced case for my homeserver (miniATX+areca) with room for 12 to 16 internal HDD's.

I would love to do a Ockie's Galaxy 4.0 project style case (as it is the most sexy thing I have ever seen LOL) but all those 3'5" backplanes will make my budget explode.

I was thinking about going very low budget and making a custom plexi glass case out of old pieces of plexiglass i have lying, but I'm not too innovative and I'm afraid it will end up too fragile.

Hopefully someone know of a nice case that will fit my need or can point me in the right direction for a alternative solution.

Thanks in advance!! :D

Basically any case can do 16 drives.

If you want to do a 16 drive easily, check out the cooler master stacker 810. You can easily utilize the 4-in-3 cooler master units and have your 16 drive slots. The cooler master drive units are about $19 a pop and you'd need 3 (the case comes with one). The case is also relatively cheap.

Thanks Ockie for the advice.

Do you know if the 4-in-3 Cooler Master units fits into the LianLi 343B without special modifications?

Basically any case can do 16 drives.

If you want to do a 16 drive easily, check out the cooler master stacker 810. You can easily utilize the 4-in-3 cooler master units and have your 16 drive slots. The cooler master drive units are about $19 a pop and you'd need 3 (the case comes with one). The case is also relatively cheap.

Doesn't the stacker only have 11 5.25 bays?

Either way... I'd look at the 5 in 3 5.25 modules I've seen..

Doesn't the stacker only have 11 5.25 bays?

Either way... I'd look at the 5 in 3 5.25 modules I've seen..

If you remove the power button panel (removes just like a cd-rom) - you'll have all 12 bays to work with. You'll have to be creative with relocating the buttons - but it's doable!

I currently have 20HDD's in my Stacker thanks to this method and four 5-in-3 enclosures.

Back