Case With Odd Shaped Built-In Monitor

Finally a display that can show the latest movies without any black bars at the top and bottom! just lay it on its side and enjoy!

I'd actually like to see someone sell 12 or 13" LCD's that can be mounted on the side of a server case.

1024 X 768 is plenty enough resolution for the intended purpose.

I'd actually like to see someone sell 12 or 13" LCD's that can be mounted on the side of a server case.

1024 X 768 is plenty enough resolution for the intended purpose.

I saw 4U server cases a few years ago that had like 7-8" LCD screens on the front of them. The WHS users out there caught on to them and thought they were pretty awesome. Expensive though.

Looks good and is probably much more functional than lots of Apple stuff.

Moneual makes high end HTPC cases, many with built-in monitors. Since the HTPC market is not doing really well (I ended my quest once consoles started streaming Netflix) this type of case seems like a logical direction. Although I'm still not sure what to use it for other than system info...

Why would they make a screen like this? It wouldn't economical unless they had some guaranteed volume of orderrs from a big buyer.

The only thing I can think of is all-digital dashboards in cars. Or maybe the iPaddle, with purchase-for-download fraternity themes.

Moneual makes high end HTPC cases, many with built-in monitors. Since the HTPC market is not doing really well (I ended my quest once consoles started streaming Netflix) this type of case seems like a logical direction. Although I'm still not sure what to use it for other than system info...

What is the "HTPC market?" You build a PC. Connect it to your TV. Done. Mine has a quad tuner digital cable setup. Whee. It is what it has always been: a niche for enthusiasts. It has never been more than that no matter how hard certain companies have tried.

When most people are happy with their nodef/pseudoHD streaming and their bug farm cable boxes it's hard to convince them there are better ways.

Anyway, displays on the front of HTPC cases are dumb. Sorry. They sit in a rack. If you need to use the display on the front then yer doin' it wrong.

Not to completely de-rail this thread, but if I had more cents than sense I would get this HTPC case:

Origin AE

Has a 1280 x 800 native resolution 12.1" TFT touchscreen so you can actually see your post/bootup and run a proper media graphical interface such as Media Center.

I do like the "outside-the-box" thinking of that Moneual casse.

Back