Case

CBlakeNS

Gawd
I just want to cut a simple rounded off square in my case and put a fan on it. I was wondering what you guys think will make the cleanest cut in the side of the metal or aluminum case and what is the best way to round off the edges of the square so they are all the same...any ideas or tips to make this job go smoothly......just gonna glue lexan behind the cut and fan in lexan.

Search the forum. Google it. This is probably the most common case mod. Masking tape and a Dremel or jigsaw. :)

/thread

Yep, Dremel or any good ol jigsaw. Use masking tape to cover your side panel and use the fan chassis to mark out the size. Then use a cup or something round to draw a quarter circle at each corner. If you're using a jigsaw, drill a hole somewhere inside the area that's going to be cut for the blade to go through then begin cutting. Remember, take your time! Also, if the cut turns out a bit jagged take some sandpaper and file it down. Easy.

Appreciate the response. I plan on working on it tomorrow afternoon sometime! Will try to get some pictures even though it is a very simple case mod.

Back