Cases that flip the Motherboard around?

YARDofSTUF

[H]ard|Gawd
I saw that silverstone temjin that flips the board updside down and I like it, but I was wondering if there are other cases that do it too.

Coolermaster stacker 101, Lianli 1200 series or any BTX style case.

Ockie said:
Coolermaster stacker 101, Lianli 1200 series or any BTX style case.

any of the V series for Lian Li. not just the 1200. (800, 1000, 1100, 1200, 2000, 2100)

Anyone know of a cheap (<120$) BTX-style case? Ive searched around, all I can find is the LL's and the coolermaster, both of which are over my budget.

AeroCool Spiral Galaxies bought it for like $92 @ Xoxide - make sure to get a PSU with a long cables (notice the one right down the middle going to the bottom right) :( everything else is fine, except that cable, not sure wut its called? maybe auxillary cable?

exactly like that Silverstone but not sure which one came out first, they both have a wind tunnel tho :) i'm not done fixing it yet, i'm not ready to give up on my beautiful case + i wanna take advantage of the wind tunnel

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2343/image000076oa.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3453/image000096th.jpg

The silverstone TJ06 has the name.. but the Spiral Galaxies has the price.

You will run into a psu cabling problem but head on over to pchcables.com and purchase a couple extensions for a few bucks and your good to go.

a8ne3jm.jpg

that's the one i can't reach, the ATX12V cable isn't long enough

i couldn't find it at pchcables :(

or maybe i don't have the name right?

You could always get some high gauge wire from radio shack and extend the cable yourself. Just be careful.

i have the aerocool masstige and it has the flipped layout cept the psu is at the bottom of the case. works better cause most of the connections are near the bottom of the case.

I think im gonna end up going with the TJ06, I have always liked SilverStone cases. My current PSU is a antec TP550, I shouldnt have any problems with the cables being too short should I?

EDIT- Just saw the masstige, hows the cooling compared to the TJ06? The aerocool can be had for 50 bucks or so cheaper than the SS, what do you guys recommend?

Only thing I dont like about the masstige is that the PSU section isnt more blocked off.

well it comes with a 120mm in the back and 3 80mm on the side and a bracket for another 120mm in the front. if you get another 120mm fan, get a quiet one cause the one i got is kinda loud :(.

the one in the AeroCool Spiral Galaxies is pretty quiet

only fan i hear is my damn X850XT, arghhhhhhhhhhh

Looks like I'm gonna go with the TJ06 as well. Hopefully the power connectors will fit.

AUX and mobo 24pin connector are high up on the board.

Anyone here have a DFI NF4 SLI DR board in a TJ06, run into any problems?

Here's a SLI-DR board in a TJ06 with an Antec Neopower480 PSU... no problems a bit of modding couldn't handle.
loop1.jpg

YARDofSTUF said:
You cut out the HDD rack part? Where did they go?
I removed all of the stock internals save the crossbrace (which was flipped sideways). The HDDs (in this early pic there is but one...ultimately there were 3) were moved to the top front under two 120mm fans in the roof panel.

Not sure I want to do that, how far away was it from connecting?
I didn't do this because the cabling wouldn't reach...it would.
I just did it cause I could.

If you get the TJ-06, a lot of people dont know that you can route the wires from the back, there's a pre-cut hole for everything. Just to inform you ;)

Well, ordered the extensions too.

Thanks guys, Sprocket, case looks good. Like the D Plate!

I was planning on getting one of the Lian Li V series, despite reading of cable length and PSU fit problems, until I read that the heatpipe on a A8N Premium won't function if the board is upside down.

Blasted physics always ruining my fun. :mad:

Baredor said:
I was planning on getting one of the Lian Li V series, despite reading of cable length and PSU fit problems, until I read that the heatpipe on a A8N Premium won't function if the board is upside down.

Blasted physics always ruining my fun. :mad:
I have read just the opposite.
Not sure what to believe.

sprocket said:
I have read just the opposite.
Not sure what to believe.

Looking at the board, if you flip it upside down then the heatsink part is at the bottom, and the solid block is on the top. That can't be ideal. would think it should still work though

rox1co said:
AeroCool Spiral Galaxies bought it for like $92 @ Xoxide - make sure to get a PSU with a long cables (notice the one right down the middle going to the bottom right) :( everything else is fine, except that cable, not sure wut its called? maybe auxillary cable?

exactly like that Silverstone but not sure which one came out first, they both have a wind tunnel tho :) i'm not done fixing it yet, i'm not ready to give up on my beautiful case + i wanna take advantage of the wind tunnel

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2343/image000076oa.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3453/image000096th.jpg

man that case is exactly the same as hte TJ06, but really friggin ugly :eek:

only if i could buy the silverstone body seperately LOL

You'll have to notch the fan body where it interferes with that stupid audio module.
Had to do it in three separate TJ/DFI installs...trust me.

Better yet, 86 the Karajan module and get a PCI sound card.

sprocket said:
You'll have to notch the fan body where it interferes with that stupid audio module.
Had to do it in three separate TJ/DFI installs...trust me.

Better yet, 86 the Karajan module and get a PCI sound card.

I'll notch it. Its good audio for gaming. Great for onboard.

Thanks.

Back