Cataclysm Beta is now live!

Lava Lamp Freak

Limp Gawd
Blizzard Entertainment announced today that the closed beta test for Cataclysm™, its highly anticipated new expansion for World of Warcraft®, has begun. The company has started issuing invitations to participate in the testing process to a wide range of players from around the world who signed up via their Battle.net® accounts. While enjoying an early look at the game, beta testers will provide valuable feedback to help Blizzard Entertainment find bugs, address balance issues, and polish the new content.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?100630

I got a beta invite for SC2. I hope I get one for WoW too!

I always have to buy my way in with pre-orders, blasted betas! Ah well, here's to hoping. :)

How does blizzard do invites? Will it just appear in my account or will I have to confirm an email? I get tons of wow spam and I'm afraid ill delete a real beta invite instead of a fake one (which I get once and a while)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

You will get an e-mail from Blizzard informing you of your acceptance into the beta, but you will not have to provide any information or confirm anything. It will automatically show up in your Battle.net account and the e-mail will only be to inform you that you have already been accepted.

I just looked at my battle net account to see which beta im opted in for. Is Warcraft Universe the Cataclysm beta?

Even though I havn't played in years I have started getting massive amounts of spam in the last few months. It is really irritating.

I have noticed that they have changed tactics and are sending out fake beta invites, so be careful what you click on.

Ah man, I canceled my account to take a break last week. Assuming that an active account is required to be invited, there's no chance for me.

Back