Catalyst 10.1, The catalyst version issue...

eric_bazile

Weaksauce
So from what I can gather the newer catalyst simply doesn't update specific registry information. Catalyst Control Center will simply display (and only display, nothing more) the catalyst version from whatever driver you've had installed previously to 10.1 (no need to panic, you have 10.1 ;) )

You can try it for yourself to stem away the worries of doubt that your driver has not been updated.

example: updating myself from catalyst 9.10 resulted in the Control Center displaying 9.10 as catalyst version even though 10.1 was installed

This effect will also happen and has been noted (and self experienced) updating from 9.12

Yeah I updated from 9.12 and it still says 9.12. However, I went and individually verified the driver update versions in the package and they are all updated.

Even stranger for me, I had 9.10 installed; after uninstalling it and then 10.1, it says I have 9.7. Maybe 9.7 is what the current Windows Update driver is that got installed at some point.

Like I said in the other thread, just check your Driver Package Version. It should say 8.69 if you installed the Cat 10.1's. If it's prior to 8.69 than the 10.1's weren't installed correctly.

There is probably going to be another "hotfix 10.1" with the real 10.1 drivers.

I updated the new ones and still see 9.12. Did a clean install as well.

If anyone is getting 10.1 GPU-Z screen shots please post them.

Yeah, I've learned always to wait a week for the hotfix with AMD. They always always always mess something up and have to have a hotfix.

Great hardware but laxidasical software. Maybe laxidasical is the wrong word. Maybe too eager beaver instead of brewing it up right. Maybe AMD is siphoning off too much of the graphics divisions profits and they don't have any left over for QA.

This is all "imho" since I've had a 3870, 4870-512 X-Fire (nightmare), 4890-1GB and now 5870.

cliffs
do not download these drivers
wait for hotfix

Its aKnow bug reporting wrong CCC with the 10.1 driver..

CCC ....is reporting wrong version of Catalyst Version Number for CCC.

The driver Number will be( 8.69 )for 10.1.
Thats all you need to look for in the Hardware screen after updating to Cat 10.1 driver.

Some people have reported seeing 9.7 after the install.....:D

Just check the version number in Hardware window not what it says for CCC Catalyst.

Maker,, on twitter said...( they forgot to change CCC version Number to 10.1 thats all it is)

Back