http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/tips/Pages/catalyst-10-3-preview.aspx

When I download the drivers I get this error:

Code:
---------------------------
NSIS Error
Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include
incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the
installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:
http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error
OK   

Has anyone else had this issue installing this driver?

10.3 non-preview version works fine.

yeah I get the same error, when did these come out?

I notice that the download only came to ~40megs instead of ~100megs like the 10.3a's were.

Fix for Severe flickering / flashing in Battlefield 2 bad Company

nice.

No they are messed up and being fixed right now.

"thanks everyone for letting my know about the download error with 10.3b - we are correcting it now"

posted by kylestilkey on guru3d.com's forums, don't know how credible that is.

When?

ATI_Catalyst_10.3b_Preview_Win7_Vista_March25.exe

March25<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

its fixed
question, till now using any of the profile addons ontop of any of the cat drivers in any order would always result in those pesky lines on the screen in crossfire. Does anyone think/know if I should bother trying the most recent profiles that came with 10.3 official with these 10.3b's? I have never had performance issues, just flickering and the lines if i used the profiles. All I play really is bc2.

its fixed
question, till now using any of the profile addons ontop of any of the cat drivers in any order would always result in those pesky lines on the screen in crossfire. Does anyone think/know if I should bother trying the most recent profiles that came with 10.3 official with these 10.3b's? I have never had performance issues, just flickering and the lines if i used the profiles. All I play really is bc2.

# Fix for Severe flickering / flashing in Battlefield 2 bad Company

that's all the list for BC2

the flickering and flashing happens without the profiles, the profiles added yet another issue which was lines that would randomly appear and roll down the screen.

+1 with my 5970. It's worse than the flickering! :mad:

have u tried after the 10.3b, installing the newest available profiles GreenGoose?

these 10.3b completely cured the flashing of water, windows and weapons on start of level for me ! going to try the newest profiles later and see if they don not produce the lines now.

+1 with my 5970. It's worse than the flickering! :mad:

+2

I hate ATI so much. It's a shame Fermi couldn't beat it by a bit more because I'd LOVE to switch. I love how they keep putting out targeted BFBC2 drivers that can't even play BFBC2 properly.

ok confirmed for me also, I installed the latest profiles that came with 10.3 officials ontop of 10.3b and the lines appeared 2x in 2 games of squad deathmatch. They are getting there, it used to be almost constant before. I dont see what the profiles do anyway, they dont really give me any more fps or IQ in CF as far as I can tell. With just 10.3b EVERYTHING FUCKING ROCKS NOW, THANKS ATI i was getting worried.

BTW Mr Denton, that 5870 is doing great in another dudes rig without a single issue you had, just thought i'd let you know, going on 4 months now LMAO. maybe your ati problem is KARMA

10.3b is newer than 10.3 WHQL. You want to be using 10.3b if you want the latest drivers.

+2

I hate ATI so much. It's a shame Fermi couldn't beat it by a bit more because I'd LOVE to switch. I love how they keep putting out targeted BFBC2 drivers that can't even play BFBC2 properly.
Can you show a screenshot or video of the problem running in your system? I have a rig very close to your specs and was planning to upgrade to an eyefinity setup soon for BFBC2 and I'd like to see what this is all about

Installed on my 4890 Win7 x64 with E8400 @ 3.4ghz/P35/4GB RAM, don't see any issues in BC2. Can't really see any difference from the 10.3a drivers, might be some improvement in minimum FPS. I always uninstall the drivers, reboot, run Driver Cleaner.NET and reboot before installing new ones.

+2

How is it you can't play BC2 properly?

ATI hating, by one person w/ problems is Ignorant! Many are running 5xxx cards w/ no problems since day one, like me...check my sig. for hardware. Some people just have hardware problems/conflicts due to [other] drivers, [other] defective hardware, unstable overclocking, heat, etc......sorry, but instead of blaming ATI, why don't to hone/sharpen your computer skills some more first.

I'm on Rank 25, or 24, on BC2 and never never have had any issues w/ the drivers.....look at your system, then maybe the card, then lastly the drivers. Oh yeah, I'm on 10.3...no problems to report.

Can you show a screenshot or video of the problem running in your system? I have a rig very close to your specs and was planning to upgrade to an eyefinity setup soon for BFBC2 and I'd like to see what this is all about

I don't have a way to capture it, but it's basically thick transparent horizontal lines, alternating between slightly lighter than the image should be and slightly darker. They move up and down, merge, flicker, etc.

I had the 10.3 beta drivers (released quite a while ago) and they were fine for the most part, except sometimes the guns and other parts would flicker. That could easily be fixed just by switching vsynch from off to on or on to off though. The problem with those drivers was that they weren't giving that great of framerates and in fact the cards always stayed fixed at about 65-67% useage.

The new crossfire profiles allowed the cards to be used up to their max and improved framerates some, but introduced the flickering problem when used with the 10.3 beta drivers. I never tried the 10.3a because people already reported problems with my same setup, but now the 10.3b has the flickering regardless of if the crossfire profiles are installed or not.

Through all this, vsynch has NEVER worked on BC2, and AA has only seemed to work very sporadically. Sometimes it will work but then changing a setting breaks it. ATI's drivers are just a disaster. This has been a common thing since I've upgraded, with vsynch being broken on many games and AA often not being able to be forced through CCC. I don't think they give a shit about providing a decent crossfire X experience. For all the talk about Nvidia drivers killing cards, they at least let me force the settings I wanted 90%+ of the time I had my sli 280s, whereas something is off with ATI more often than not.

Use Fraps to capture screen shots or videos.

I never tried 10.3 a or b.........I tend to stay away from these kinds of releases.

I perhaps have had a tiny tiny tiny occasional bit of flickering...too busy killing tanks and people to notice really.

As far as I can tell, Vsync is off right now in BC2..I choose to blame BC2, not ATI.

I don't run crossfire...never have...never will.....that's just me. I love big fast expensive "single card" solutions. And your problems, and others that run SLI/Cross-Fire, is why. So you may have a great valid point about SLI/Cross-Fire, if that's what is not working.

So, in conclusion, I can't disagree w/ you about sli/cross-fire, because I don't know. Good luck.

Last edited:
10.3b fix doesn't work for me, my eyes are in pain :(

Updated crossfire profile to 10.3 as well.

Ok, I take that back. Did a full clean install of the 10.3b drivers and it works now with almost no scanlines

This is going to sound retarded, but this is the way I fix this issue, I read it on another forum and it does work. Start a game (like playing not menu), go to settings turn off vync, change resolution ( i go from 1080p to 720p) apply, exit menu, lines will still be there. Go back into menu change back to your original res, turn on vsync, apply. Lines gone until you exit game. Been doing this in single player then popping over to multiplayer afterwards.

I don't have a way to capture it, but it's basically thick transparent horizontal lines, alternating between slightly lighter than the image should be and slightly darker. They move up and down, merge, flicker, etc.

I had the 10.3 beta drivers (released quite a while ago) and they were fine for the most part, except sometimes the guns and other parts would flicker. That could easily be fixed just by switching vsynch from off to on or on to off though. The problem with those drivers was that they weren't giving that great of framerates and in fact the cards always stayed fixed at about 65-67% useage.

The new crossfire profiles allowed the cards to be used up to their max and improved framerates some, but introduced the flickering problem when used with the 10.3 beta drivers. I never tried the 10.3a because people already reported problems with my same setup, but now the 10.3b has the flickering regardless of if the crossfire profiles are installed or not.

Through all this, vsynch has NEVER worked on BC2, and AA has only seemed to work very sporadically. Sometimes it will work but then changing a setting breaks it. ATI's drivers are just a disaster. This has been a common thing since I've upgraded, with vsynch being broken on many games and AA often not being able to be forced through CCC. I don't think they give a shit about providing a decent crossfire X experience. For all the talk about Nvidia drivers killing cards, they at least let me force the settings I wanted 90%+ of the time I had my sli 280s, whereas something is off with ATI more often than not.

Completely random, the clean install of 10.3b + grendelrt's advice totally fixed by BC2 flicker/scanlines. Awesome!

FYI - I've been doing the fix as noted about (switching resolution/and v-sync). But when I just checked the driver page, it looks like AMD updated crossfire profiles 2 days ago (4/7).

Going to give it a run and hope it fixes the scanlines!

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit
(Link is to Windows 7 64-bit, so change appropriately. The crossfire profile shouldn't matter in that regard, though (I think?))

Update, that profile seems to fix everything - no more scan lines!

Back