Catalyst 10.3b Preview March 25th drivers

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/tips/Pages/catalyst-10-3-preview.aspx

Latest updates available in the ATI Catalyst 10.3b preview driver

• ATI Catalyst(TM) support for ATI Radeon(TM) HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition
    • This release of ATI Catalyst(TM) introduces support for the production version of Windows 7 and Windows Vista for the ATI Radeon(TM) HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition.
    • Supports up to 6 displays (driven from a single GPU) operating together as an Eyefinity Display Group in both Windows 7 and Windows Vista
  • The desktop mouse cursor issue (becoming enlarged at random when using Windows 7) has been fixed
  • Fix for Severe flickering / flashing in Battlefield 2 bad Company
Enjoy :)

So what do we have to do to get CFX profiles when installing a new driver? Do they come with the driver and if so what's the profiles download? AMD sucks at explaining this kind of stuff.

DO NOT install these on top of 10.3a if you have a 4870 X2, Probably for anything?

I usually always do a clean install but this last time I was lazy and installed it on top, and my performance then sucks and catalyst was very laggy/acting up. Did a clean install of 10.3b and BC2 is running at its best ever! Woohoo!

So what do we have to do to get CFX profiles when installing a new driver? Do they come with the driver and if so what's the profiles download? AMD sucks at explaining this kind of stuff.

The CFX profiles are suppose to come with the driver, but you can download them separately if you just want to update profiles or if they update profiles more often than the driver.

Are these the latest AMD/ATI drivers available?? I'm in the process of reformatting the gaming rig and would like to use the latest drivers for my 5850, especially if there are any 'enhancements' for my BFBC2 gaming pleasure.

Are these the latest AMD/ATI drivers available?? I'm in the process of reformatting the gaming rig and would like to use the latest drivers for my 5850, especially if there are any 'enhancements' for my BFBC2 gaming pleasure.

These are the latest.

YaY! They are addressing the BFBC2 flickering issue. This pleases me. :D

YaY! They are addressing the BFBC2 flickering issue. This pleases me. :D

I never had any issues with it but my brother reported his flicker issue in BFBC2 resolved. Been great support from AMD on the driver front lately.

I never had any issues with it but my brother reported his flicker issue in BFBC2 resolved. Been great support from AMD on the driver front lately.

Indeed. AMD has really been on the ball lately. Other than the flickering in BFBC2 I've had zero issues with my Radeon HD 5970.

The only thing I ever typically do anymore is uninstall the drivers using the driver's uninstaller. Then I install the next drivers. I don't typically go through the whole Driver Sweeper/Driver Cleaner mess if I don't have to. I can count on one hand all the times my method has led to trouble or less than stellar performance, instability etc. over the last 7 or 8 years. I've even used this method successfully switching between NVIDIA and ATI/AMD drivers. Though for that I do recommend using something like Driver Sweeper to remove the files cleanly before loading the new drivers. Though I didn't do that this last time I switched from NVIDIA to ATI.

The only thing I ever typically do anymore is uninstall the drivers using the driver's uninstaller. Then I install the next drivers. I don't typically go through the whole Driver Sweeper/Driver Cleaner mess if I don't have to. I can count on one hand all the times my method has led to trouble or less than stellar performance, instability etc. over the last 7 or 8 years. I've even used this method successfully switching between NVIDIA and ATI/AMD drivers. Though for that I do recommend using something like Driver Sweeper to remove the files cleanly before loading the new drivers. Though I didn't do that this last time I switched from NVIDIA to ATI.

That's what I usually do too, but the last time didn't go so well. I even tried driver sweeper and such but it just wouldn't go away. In the end a re-install of Windows fixed my problems.

I think these made it worse for Bad Company 2. I'm now getting black flashing lines.

Back