Catalyst 11.3.... Where is Catalyst A.I. Setting?

ballpoint

Gawd
I installed Cat 11.3 hoping to find a fix for Crysis 2 flashing... now I want to turn off Catalyst AI but the setting seems to have disappeared. I know where it's supposed to be Advanced > 3D... .but all I see under Catalyst AI is "TExture Quality: Performance > Quality > High Quality". There doesn't seem to be a setting to disable Cat AI any more.... what the hell?

I'm about to give up on PC gaming with the way every new game brings hours and hours of troubleshooting. For years it didn't bother me, but I'm a busy person now. I don't have 3 hours to trouble-shoot Crysis 2 before I can enjoy it.

I also have the ridiculous flickering in Crysis 2 when crossfire is enabled, and the only solution I've found is the disabling catalyst AI thing you're talking about.

Except that option doesn't exist in the catalyst control panel for me.

Yeah...weird huh...same for me....just go under "AMD Crossfire X configuration" and disable crossfire that way...I am using Radeon Pro to force the Bioshock crossfire profile...works nicely, even auto starts with that profile if I run Crysis 2 directly from Steam...that way I don't have to disable and re-enable xfire every time I play another game etc...I know this is old news, just spreading the love.

All this hassle makes me miss my Nvidia cards so, so very much :(

Hadn't had an issue with SLI in years, and never had one problem since win7 came out with their drivers. But they didn't have an SLI config that competed with the 6950's for the price, so being who I am I followed the "bang for your buck" rule and went where the performance I wanted was.

Guess I should have held on to some brand loyalty or something.

I've had these things for less than a week and I've seen multiple driver related BSOD's and now I finally find some time to fire Crysis back up and it looks like shit because it needs some silly profile to run without graphical glitches.

Hadn't had an issue with SLI in years, and never had one problem since win7 came out with their drivers. But they didn't have an SLI config that competed with the 6950's for the price, so being who I am I followed the "bang for your buck" rule and went where the performance I wanted was.

I've had these things for less than a week and I've seen multiple driver related BSOD's and now I finally find some time to fire Crysis back up and it looks like shit because it needs some silly profile to run without graphical glitches.

Sucks to hear you're having so many issues. In any case, hopefully, a fix will come tomorrow for Crysis 2 for AMD owners:

http://twitter.com/CatalystCreator/status/52799102198616064#

This is just in time for me, as I'm expecting Crysis 2 in the mail within the next day or so. :)

SLi have same issue in this game.... not just CF....

Have you guys tried moving the slider to "Performance" and unchecking "Enable Surface Format Optimzation?"

catai.png

I actually tried RadeonPro with BioShock profile first. Doesn't work. The only thing that works is turning Xfire off through RadeonPro.... I seriously can't find the old Catalyst AI setting in the new drivers, even though the documentation still points to it being in the old place.

I could be wrong I but I think the way it goes now is High Quality- CAI off, Quality- CAI low, Performance - CAI High. All they did was make it easier on the naming and if you think about it, it's easier now and makes more sense. We were just used to it the other way.

Last edited:
I actually tried RadeonPro with BioShock profile first. Doesn't work. The only thing that works is turning Xfire off through RadeonPro.... I seriously can't find the old Catalyst AI setting in the new drivers, even though the documentation still points to it being in the old place.

I know it seems silly but with Radeon Pro forcing bioshock profile when I run the game I must have v-sync enabled and I must change the brightness setting..(you can change it right back, any setting works...it is the actual changing that counts)...only then do I get completely flicker free gaming(see specs) BUT only about 50% utilization of each gpu...which oddly enough put my fps's exactly back to where they were with crossfire disabled :( ...but I must add, once I got this little routine squared away I am enjoying SP campaign....anyway, give it a try as above...if your like me you have already started up Crysis 2 with different settings about 40 times...one more try won't hurt. Or optimistically by the time any of this matters the new profile will be out and we will all get 100% multi gpu utilization and no flash...but I bet it will still only work with v-sync enabled...MOOOHOOHOOHAAAHAAA. ;)

Last edited:
SLi have same issue in this game.... not just CF....

My SLI setup did not have this problem. At all. Ever. I played the game with SLI enabled for like five hours and never once had an issue, except that the cards were kind of old and I got occasional drops to a little below 30fps.

The framerate is clearly head and shoulders better with the crossfire setup, but it doesn't matter because the flickering is horrible.

*Also, to Arby, yep. I've tried all three settings with that box unchecked. Still flickers.

Last edited:
ATI still haven't fixed the hardware acceleration they broke in the Feb Release :mad:

Maybe it's time to move to NVIDIA

Last edited:
No

Enabling HW acceleration induces (highly visible) inconsistent motion when playing videos. It wasn't a problem prior to the 11.2 drivers.

I have HD5450 and HD5770 and both have the exact same issue.

I just DL'ed 11.3 CAP fix and it worked. No more flashing. But I notice the framerate with Xfire doesn't seem as smooth/fast as it was yesterday with flashing Xfire.

I just DL'ed 11.3 CAP fix and it worked. No more flashing. But I notice the framerate with Xfire doesn't seem as smooth/fast as it was yesterday with flashing Xfire.

where? link please...

I still see 11.2 CAP files here...http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

EDIT: never mind found it, think I'm going to wait for an official release though. looks like this is only for Steam users as well....WTF?
http://www.rage3d.com/index.php?cat=75#newsid33975741

Last edited:
No

Enabling HW acceleration induces (highly visible) inconsistent motion when playing videos. It wasn't a problem prior to the 11.2 drivers.

I have HD5450 and HD5770 and both have the exact same issue.

Using what video player? I haven't had any issues with my 6870 using MPC-HC and the MPC Video Decoder (DXVA) or CoreAVC 2.5 DXVA (which I'm currently using).

Back