Catalyst 14.11.2 Beta

The Mac

Supreme [H]ardness
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-11-2-BetaWINReleaseNotes.aspx

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements

Dragon Age: Inquisition performance optimizations

- Up to 5% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
- Optimized AMD CrossFire™ profile

Far Cry 4 performance optimizations

- Up to 50% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.

Build Info:
Catalyst: 14.11.2 Beta
CCC: 2014.1117.1424.25780
D3D: 9.14.10.01061
OGL: 6.14.10.13092
OCL 1.2: 10.0.1573.4
Mantle: 9.1.10.0045

I've installed these and so far they are working great. They also fix the bug I had in 14.11.1 where my 2nd GPU wouldn't power down while idling. If you are using 14.11.1 right now these are worth the upgrade.

Anyone have a problem with the the cards not turning the monitors back on after it has gone to sleep due to idle?

Yup, the sleep problem came back for me. Workaround is you can turn off your monitor, press a key to wake your computer, then turn monitor back on. Forget to do that and you're out of luck, it's a pain.

Anyone else have issues with their clocks getting stuck in 3D mode? I have 290x crossfire and for some reason my 2nd card always gets stock in 3d mode when I first boot up. Either rebooting or launching a game fixes this.

disable ULPS.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. The funny thing is I haven't had to disable ULPS in a long time (since I was running 7970s) and not for this reason. I disabled it before when MSI afterburner or any other overclocking utility wouldn't detect the 2nd card so you could adjust voltage and overclock etc.

Thanks

its a pretty worthless feature anyway, it will save you like .02 a month...

Hey, I'm still having the issue where 2nd card isn't going into 2D clocks on cold boot. I tried turning off ULPS but apparently that didn't fix it.

Any other suggestions?

well, normally both cards go into 3d mode from a cold boot, they are supposed to for diagnostic purposes.

then they drop back to 2d clocks once the driver initializes.

I had the issue with is a single card way back on first release, but it cleared up after a few driver releases.

are you using an OC utiliity like trixx or afterburner?

when i had the issue, i would fire up CCC, turn on OD, and change the core a smidge, save, then reset to default, save.

That ususally cleared it up.

Yup, the sleep problem came back for me. Workaround is you can turn off your monitor, press a key to wake your computer, then turn monitor back on. Forget to do that and you're out of luck, it's a pain.

The sleep problem is a pain in the ass. It's the reason why I didn't install the previous beta drivers. Should I uninstall the old drivers before installing these or should I just install these straight up?

The sleep problem is a pain in the ass. It's the reason why I didn't install the previous beta drivers. Should I uninstall the old drivers before installing these or should I just install these straight up?

I've never uninstalled drivers, just install these on top of whatever you have running.

Should add in my last message that unplugging and replugging the video cable turns on the monitor.

If I were you I'd wait for these Omega Drivers to be available though.

well, normally both cards go into 3d mode from a cold boot, they are supposed to for diagnostic purposes.

then they drop back to 2d clocks once the driver initializes.

I had the issue with is a single card way back on first release, but it cleared up after a few driver releases.

are you using an OC utiliity like trixx or afterburner?

when i had the issue, i would fire up CCC, turn on OD, and change the core a smidge, save, then reset to default, save.

That ususally cleared it up.

I'm using Asus GPU Tweak.

I'm a bit confused. It seems like some places are saying that it's out already... however I'm not finding it from the download link.

its not out till monday.

techreport did a boo-boo and published early breaking the NDA.

All of the other articles are based on techreport.

Kind of bummed the VSR feature won't be supported for my hd7970 when it's a faster card than the 285. Hopefully they add support for the GCN 1.0 cards sometime down the road like Nvidia did with DSR.

Back