Cause of XT-PE delays

FlyinBrian

Gawd
ATI Radeon X800 XT PE Delay - Update
Published: 7/6/2004
Author: Team Radeon

ATI_X800Box.jpg

Team Radeon has updated news on the X800 XT PE delay.

Don't expect to see a lot of Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition retail cards at resellers (in reasonable amounts of stock). There is a severe market shortage of X800 XT Platinum Edition cards, at the moment. So what is exactly causing all of this delay?

RAM.

The shortage of RAM and the on going supply issues are delaying the X800 XT Platinum Edition from hitting retailers at reasonable stock levels. More updates will follow, but the month of release is staying the same, July.

yeh, does anyone know if Nvidia gets their ram from the same manufacturer ? i could see how that would cause a huge shortage.

the nvidia rep beat the ati rep up when he saw him at the ram manufacturers doorstep at the same time as him, thus nvidia got the lions share of chips

Dillusion said:
the nvidia rep beat the ati rep up when he saw him at the ram manufacturers doorstep at the same time as him, thus nvidia got the lions share of chips

Hehe, sounds like someone needs to work out more, especially for next product launch :D

Dillusion said:

I've seen way more ATi cards out there than Nvidia cards.

nvidia has been using GDDR3 since their 5700U ... dont give me this nonsense about ati having more :D

does the x800pro use gddr3?

cuz their are plenty of those i can even buy them at all my local stores

since their are plenty of pros that can be modded to 16 pipes?

ive got my gt already with gddr3 that does 1.17 and they are in stock at some decent prices.

and 5700gddr3 are available
maybe its just the guarunteed highest speed bin that is the problem.

or--

it seems why in the hell arent the ultras avilable? since i have yet to see a gt that wont do ultra speed even with the lesser cooling option. and ay theres the rub!

it must be a shortage of the fans for teh ultras adn x800xt's! nvidia and ati overextended their fan manufacturing options!

damn fan makers!!!!

The shortage must be with the 600Mhz chips. The gt's and the Pro's only use 500Mhz memory chips, right?.

Well I ordered a complete system from Monarch with the BFG Ultra 6800 intead of the X800 XT because the X800 XT wasn't available and now I see the BFG has been pushed back until July 29 :( :mad: You motherfucking card makers shitty mother fuckers !!!

Where can I even see an XT-PE for preorder?

Is the X800 XT @ Best Buy the same thing for $500?

Thanks.

i know some people in the elite bastards forums who got some xt pe with the first round of gateway shipping

So is it just something that you *might* get, or what?

I'm sorry but I don't know how it works... I just knew of the X800 PRO -or- XT.

Thanks.

I've had, had my money ready for this card since day one. And I had heard there should be enough this week and or next week, but with this delay, I'm like screw it.

My Hercules 9800PRO running at near 9800XT Speeds is fine until ATI gets out a card that supports SM3.0, I can wait. Hell I don't mind upgrading to an Athlon 64FX with the money I saved from not getting this card.

Could someone please explain why the hell you would preorder?

Ah, thanks a lot. Nice price too.
What shipping did you use?

I thought that "Airborne Ground Service Deferred Service" would be the cheapest at ten dollars, but I've never used Airborne before for delivery and I wasn't sure exactly what Deferred Service meant. maybe I should just Fed Ex Overnight it for $23. ;)

Heh, I don't need to preorder. I work at a computer store, and I keep asking our suppliers who have them to ship one to me so I can pick up at cost price :D

pirateface said:
Heh, I don't need to preorder. I work at a computer store, and I keep asking our suppliers who have them to ship one to me so I can pick up at cost price :D

bah you suck..
icon_butt.gif
hehe

Bah! :mad:

Oh well, good things i guess are worth waiting for. (just a way to justify the delay) :rolleyes:

Well both the Nvidia and he ATi are good cards but I go tired of waiting for my XTPE.

I sold my 9800xt and was kinda stuck. Then I caught wind of EVGA and their step up program. I was able to get a 6800GT next day to my home. It rocks guys.I have been an ATI user for a long time but this card rocks. Now here it the clincher. EVGA gurantees me my purchase price toward an Ultra when they arrive. I just pay the difference.

I am now gaming at a level that far excedes that of my previous 9800XT and I dont have to wait. The bonus is I can oc to Ultra speeds and when the Ultra is here , I get dual DVI . In other words , my cake and eat it too.

Hey what can I say. Nvidia has won me back after 2 years. No shit , no fan boy bull shit this card realy shines. EVGA even called me today to see how satisfied I was. When was the last time a card manufacturer actually called you? The EVGA guys rock. :D

That does sound really cool. The GT is a single slot card, right? I'm a proud Shuttle user, and I must keep the single slot cards... and I believe the eVGA Ultra is a dual slot card... so I basically have to stay with ATI for the time being if I want the best performance.
It doesn't really bother me... my 9800 PRO is rocking all of my current games @ 1600x1200... the only one that I ran at 1280x1024 was Far Cry, but I'm long done with that game. :cool:

blindrocket said:
That does sound really cool. The GT is a single slot card, right? I'm a proud Shuttle user, and I must keep the single slot cards... and I believe the eVGA Ultra is a dual slot card... so I basically have to stay with ATI for the time being if I want the best performance.
It doesn't really bother me... my 9800 PRO is rocking all of my current games @ 1600x1200... the only one that I ran at 1280x1024 was Far Cry, but I'm long done with that game. :cool:

the GT is single slot howerver it is ver long . Iposted pics in this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1026277312#post1026277312

Oops scroll to the begining of the thread

Was just checking otu eVGAs details on that trade up program...

Those who qualify for the Step Up Program will be required to ship their old graphics card before eVGA.com will issue the upgrade video card. eVGA.com does not offer any form of cross-shipping. (Their emphasis)

Sounds kinda weak to me, I don't see why they couldn't put a hold on a CC and cross ship. I wonder how long you have to wait for a card, or even until they allow you to wait for it since the ultra has only shipped in "100s" type volumes as it is.

VERY nice. The card looks good as well as the nice screenshots.

I hope the XT-PE won't starve on my Shuttles 200W PSU. :eek: I still have research to do.

101 said:
Was just checking otu eVGAs details on that trade up program...

Those who qualify for the Step Up Program will be required to ship their old graphics card before eVGA.com will issue the upgrade video card. eVGA.com does not offer any form of cross-shipping. (Their emphasis)

Sounds kinda weak to me, I don't see why they couldn't put a hold on a CC and cross ship. I wonder how long you have to wait for a card, or even until they allow you to wait for it since the ultra has only shipped in "100s" type volumes as it is.

LOL thats ok with me I will fedex the bitch back no problem, I have a Matrox dual head laying around that i can use for surfing while I wait. couple days beats the fucking 8 weeks and counting i waited for the friggin XTPE

I had my card 11 hours after i ordered it, I think thats a pretty good indication. We will be notified via email and bang we are done

PS : The offer is if you register within 90 days of your purchase , and this card is great, if the ultra never appeared i would stil be happy and ready to pull the trigger on the next gen

FlyinBrian said:
jacuzz1 are you still getting your x800xt PE ? id like to see your numbers from it.

No dude , I canceled CDW, I inferred it would be AUGust,,,,,,,,,,,, screw it. ITs time to play a little while i research what config for the pci E platform that i will go with next year

Had my 800XT PE for a month now. No pre-order just had a friend walk in to Compusa and buy it. It would seem the pre order folks are being screwed.

Back