CC deals - YMMV

chinox22x

2[H]4U
Went to a local Circuit City yesterday. All pc/console games are 40% off. They have some of the newest games out there.

I was able to buy Resistance 2 for ps3 for 35$ after discount as well as Soul Calibur IV for 360 for 35$. Original price is 59.99$.

I'm assuming this is nationwide...only caveat is no returns, all sales are final.

grabbed 2 copies of L4D last weekend for $35 each

they had plenty of new stuff still.

I just went down there to check this based on this thread.

There are PC games @ 40% off here in arlington, tx (DFW). But, the selection is pretty crappy now. They had plenty of Crysis/Crysis Warhammer (or whatever it's called) for $40, so that's 25 bucks... I was looking for COD5, but they didn't have it. Everything else in the store is complete shit. I was laughing out loud at the $200 500GB harddrives @ 40% off. I saw some TV stands that looked good, asked about the only one I found interesting and they wanted $160, and that was already 40% off :eek:

Overall, shit.

I picked up a Hauppauge pvr-1600 for $50 yesterday. Pretty good since it's $80 on newegg and is the model that gets qam in windows 7 and vista

I picked up a Hauppauge pvr-1600 for $50 yesterday. Pretty good since it's $80 on newegg and is the model that gets qam in windows 7 and vista

The question now is: did you get the QAM working? I just did a search for Windows 7 support and it seems there are issues with that and perhaps the Guide info for those channels as mentioned over at The Green Button forums:

http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/2412-wintv-hvr-1600-no-qam-signal.html

While I was planning to avoid the CC closure completely, $50 for that PVR-1600 seems like a decent price to me and I might head down to the closest CC today just to see if they've got one for that price (there are a few stores in Vegas but I'm not going to run all over the place).

Hahaha, CC fails again.

even when they are dying, they refuse to give decent deals. Well, not surprised considering how many stores do this (slashing so much off an already high MSRP and make it seem like a deal).

Tried my local CC before it closed down in december, they never had any deals even at "40-60%" off.

I went to my local CC for the first time since the liquidation started. All CDs and DVDs were marked at 40% off. I picked up a couple. When I asked, the cashier said the store will close on March 31st or earlier if they sell everything out before then.

The question now is: did you get the QAM working? I just did a search for Windows 7 support and it seems there are issues with that and perhaps the Guide info for those channels as mentioned over at The Green Button forums:

http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/2412-wintv-hvr-1600-no-qam-signal.html

While I was planning to avoid the CC closure completely, $50 for that PVR-1600 seems like a decent price to me and I might head down to the closest CC today just to see if they've got one for that price (there are a few stores in Vegas but I'm not going to run all over the place).

Yes I did. I applied the registry edit and then had to add the channels to the guide manually since they only showed up as channel numbers instead of by the station call signs.

Here's a picture of some channels in my guide with just the 1 tuner and a picture from a commercial on the Weather Channel HD
capturerz4.png

capture2te9.png

I would recommend opening the box to make sure it is one of the two models that supports QAM since every box says that they can.

If you find one you can PM me for the steps I took to get it working.

Hahaha, CC fails again.

*last weekend* it was a good deal. Today it isn't. Waiting for a better deal is a completely idiotic idea because there will ALWAYS be a better deal down the road. I could go out and buy a $60 game at CC for for $35, or I could wait a year till it's in the used $15 bin at gamestop.

Stop being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, I picked up Ninjatown, Harvey Birdman (Wii) and Wii Music for $60. Getting Wii Music for $30 or whatever would have been a great deal in itself, especially since I'm getting my sister her birthday present early for the first time in years.

FYI, it really depends where you live as to what the prices are. CC stores won't finish closing until sometime in march. However, the one by me is closing on Sunday or Monday. Prices are 40-80% off this weekend and then 50-90% off on Monday.

They have exactly one TV left. The had a sony XBR LCD for 1050 (give or take)...which was aboug 150 less than you could buy it online (with a warranty). Personally, I thought that it was a ripoff for a display model, but someone bought it.

I've got my eyes on a few things, but if you're looking for deals, I'd look for things like office equipment, packing tape, plastic wrap and odds an ends. I may see if I can get a spare charger for a logitech mouse. It's smaller than my MX1000 charger...if I can get it for a buck or 2, I'll buy it. They have some home entertainment centers I'd buy if they're cheap enough. The Belo stuff is all gone (was there the day before yesterday).

CD and Movies are 50% off today. My guess is they'll drop to 60% for the weekend and 70% off on monday (or make an offer).

I bought a file cabinet for 25 bucks....today they were $20....they'll go down soon enough, but I only needed one, and I figured it was worth a few bucks to get my pick of the litter.

And for the fuckin' love of Pete, for those idiots that keep preaching "CC fails" realize they stopped failing when they went under (save for the possibility of paying their execs those bonuses we just found out about the other day).

The store inventory from front to back and top to bottom doesn't belong to CC anymore - they have absolutely no control whatsoever over the pricing in any way, shape, or form.

It's the liquidators that are fucking people over on so-called "deals," not the CC personnel that are still stuck in the stores running out their punch clocks, so to speak. I feel sorry for 'em to some degree, but whenever the pricing just ain't what I think it should or could be, I don't take it out on those folks that are getting close to being unemployed... it's not fair to 'em, really.

Geez... don't be dicks about it, if you find a good deal, lucky you, if not, move along.

The best deal I saw in the one by my house was a computer that needed a new hard drive. It was a complete system (minus the HD) for 170. It wasn't spectacular, but for a whole system already built etc it wasn't bad.

jubalskeiki - Was that computer you got a customer return, or was it a brand new computer that, for some reason, was missing the hard drive? I might have to check what my local store has...

I picked up a few things last night now that the deals are starting to get somewhat decent. Picked up a MX 620 for $30, which is what NewEgg sells it for after a $20 rebate. Got a few newer release 360 games for 40% off and a few movies for the kid. Also picked up some casual games for my wife and mom.

Woulda waited for % off to get a bit better, but it was already getting pretty stripped down. All-in-all I made out pretty good. I think the least we got off anything was 40%.

Yah, anyone buying a tv there or similar item (and there were plenty) should seek some mental help.

Stuff like games that have a set retail price like $59.99 could be found for much better deals then online if they still had some newer stock left. There really wasn't all that much going though. Accessories like mice/keyboards were also reasonably priced (in some cases). You definitely need to know what something is selling for online to know if its actually worth buying there.

http://dealnews.com/features/Inside-Circuit-Citys-Liquidation-Sale/276019.html

There is a report from dealnews.com about the CC "deals" ... pretty interesting.

Hey, let's take a small, probably out of date biased comparison!
Let's not factor in that brick and mortar stores are almost always more expensive.

Let's ignore the entire videogame section being significantly cheaper than anywhere else that isn't running a one-time, two-day long deal on *one* game.

Are all of the markdowns at CC good? NO. Most of them are pretty shitty.

Are some of them good? Yes.

Are a handful of them really good? Yep.

Let me paraphrase.

If you expected amazing prices, if you expected good deals, if you are surprised at what they are charging for things, you are a complete and total moron. If you were not born after the CompUSA liquidation and are in any way confused that this is not completely different, you are an idiot. There are a few really good deals, but they are difficult to find. They are making money on Joe Consumer who sees 40% off and thinks it is a good deal.

Keep buying your hard drives at newegg and tigerdirect, keep buying your TV's wherever has the best deal at the moment, keep buying the games you sorta want at Gamestop a year after they come out and on eBay, and keep doing that other thing with movies.

Hey, let's take a small, probably out of date biased comparison!
Let's not factor in that brick and mortar stores are almost always more expensive.

Let's ignore the entire videogame section being significantly cheaper than anywhere else that isn't running a one-time, two-day long deal on *one* game.

Are all of the markdowns at CC good? NO. Most of them are pretty shitty.

Are some of them good? Yes.

Are a handful of them really good? Yep.

Let me paraphrase.

If you expected amazing prices, if you expected good deals, if you are surprised at what they are charging for things, you are a complete and total moron. If you were not born after the CompUSA liquidation and are in any way confused that this is not completely different, you are an idiot. There are a few really good deals, but they are difficult to find. They are making money on Joe Consumer who sees 40% off and thinks it is a good deal.

Keep buying your hard drives at newegg and tigerdirect, keep buying your TV's wherever has the best deal at the moment, keep buying the games you sorta want at Gamestop a year after they come out and on eBay, and keep doing that other thing with movies.

OMGZ MY EYEBALLS!!!

jubalskeiki - Was that computer you got a customer return, or was it a brand new computer that, for some reason, was missing the hard drive? I might have to check what my local store has...

I didn't get it. I really can't afford it. The guy wasn't sure. He wasn't one of the computer guys, he was from car audio. I don't think anyone from computers was around when I was there.

It had decent specs. I don't know what the video card was (but for 170 who really cares?) 1 GB RAM, 2.7 ghz proc (I forget if it was AMD or Intel). It looked like it had 3 standard PCI slots, and PCI-E. It was a Mid-sized case. Really nice looking. I totally wish I could have jumped on it.

just got back and got some pc games at decent rates
Orange box $17.99
Stalkers $8.99
Civilizations Chronicles $29.98
The witcher $17.98
Mass Effect $11.98

also, they did have Call of Duty 4 and World at War for $29.99 each, I didn't pick them up

I actually found a great deal amongst all the bad rip offs a CC today. THe store here will be closed in 3 days, there is almost nothing left.

Anywho, I got a Sirius Conductor setup for $12.49, it retails for about $140~$150. I'd call that a steal!!!

My favorite part was that they still have a system for verizon fios demo up with access to internet, so a bunch of more savvy shoopers were using it to compare prices on the internet while in the store.

My favorite part was that they still have a system for verizon fios demo up with access to internet, so a bunch of more savvy shoopers were using it to compare prices on the internet while in the store.

LOL that is funny. :D

What the fuck! these deals at CC fucking suck! what a piece of shit!

Folks, if your store isn't closing in the next week, you're not going to find any great deals. And you're almost NEVER going to find great deals on Audio and Video gear. Long before it gets below prices at Amazon or Buy.com, the items will sell.

Need HDMI cables. May I suggest monoprice?

OTOH, if you're looking for some audio/video/digital amps, you can get them cheap, once they tear them out of the walls. Need an adapter for a car stereo? You might get a deal on that. Need an entertainment center or a TV stand? you might get a deal on that too.

But it's alway a YMMV. If you store is closing in March, you're not going to find a deal in February.

Oh and if you want some shelves, you can get some serious deals on that too.

same with plastic wrap....I can buy lots of it for $5.00/roll (more than I'll ever need).

There's a reason why furniture stores always go out of business, only to reopen a month or 2 later.....going out of business makes them money. My circuit city sold out of most A/V items at prices higher than they sold before liquidation was announced.

However, if you're looking for deals, they can be found....in the last week or 2.

they are stupid, in my local one they were piling up guitar hero world tour and rock band 2 near the front with 20% off as if its a major deal lol.

they are stupid, in my local one they were piling up guitar hero world tour and rock band 2 near the front with 20% off as if its a major deal lol.

Really? Because a lot of parents are going to buy that for their kids.

I'm pretty sure it's a business decision, they aren't trying to impress people like us.

Really? Because a lot of parents are going to buy that for their kids.

I'm pretty sure it's a business decision, they aren't trying to impress people like us.

my point was...... that deal was poo compared to what they had on other stuff in the store

Hm, I picked up some blu-rays marked $24.99 for 40% off = $14.99. This made them SLIGHTLY cheaper than amazon, with no super saver shipping wait.

The liquidators are complete idiots, but I'm sure there are even more idiots shopping there. I bought a Sony 52" XBR6 lcd in January from CC for $2200 INCLUDING the Sony BluRay player deal. Now they are still asking for $2800 for the same TV at the 40-60% level, W/O the BR player! Insane.

Back