CCC won't start up with Vista

qwertyaas

Gawd
For some reason, my CCC started to not startup when I boot up my PC. It always used to and just stopped (today I think). It is checked under msconfig and I added it to my startup folder but still doesn't come up when Vista loads.

Wouldn't be a big deal but I use CCC for my fan controls and it's much easier when it starts up automatically.

Anyone had this issue before?

What the heck is CCC? Google says it's the "Civilian Conservation Corps". The first most computer oriented answer says it is the "Cheat Code Central". I suppose it's something related to Video Cards, but not familiar with it.

Anyway, whatever this is, if it used to work, just uninstall and reinstall it and that should fix it.

thats a new one, maybe its poping up a dialog that you cant see? check underneath your windows

Nope, nothing coming up. Not under services either. Seems CCC always has these odd issues. I know a big one is it just does not load but this is the first I heard of it not starting up with Windows.

Have you tried using system restore to prior to it not working?

A new driver came out last week so it's a good time to upgrade if you're going to reinstall.

Ya, I'll probably go to 9.8 anyways. I wouldn't system restore for this. I don't keep restore points anyways.

qwerty, do you by chance have dual boot with Win7 and Vista? I had the same issue when I installed 9.8 on 7, then used the exact same extracted setup files to install in vista.

Back