CD Key retrieving floppy disk

lord_emperor

Limp Gawd
CD Key retrieving floppy disk or bootable CD for windows 2000, do they exist or just a myth?

If they do where can I find one? Google is being less than helpful today.

Needs to be bootable or otherways work in DOS, windows can't load on this comp to retrieve CD key for formatting.

I would appreciate this as well. It would save me the trouble of going into a dead registry with the Winternals Admin Pack and extract it by hand.

ah, gotcha. I'm lazy.
You could try booting with knoppix and running the program with WINE, not sure if it would work but it's worth a shot, I might try it later.

From now on you could also create an answer file for an unattended setup, create and ISO image of the CD with the unattend file on it and burn it to a cd, then use that from now on. Then if you ever need to know your CD Key you can always just go into the CD(dos, another machine/whatever) and open the WINNT.SIF file (Unattend file) and get it. Not a definite answer but as long as you keep good care of the CD it can make things easier. I'd still like to know of the program as well, since the only other way I would know how to obtain it is like M11 said, use ERD Commander and go into the registry and get it.

Jerunk said:
ah, gotcha. I'm lazy.
You could try booting with knoppix and running the program with WINE, not sure if it would work but it's worth a shot, I might try it later.
Nope, the magicaljellybean keyfinder requires access to the registry of the dead machine, which WINE doesn't access.

Back