CEBIT 2008 Display news

Mastakill

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I've been keeping an eye out for nice new monitor announcements @ cebit (some 24" IPS monitors would nice), but so far i havent seen much (except those crappy samsung TN monitors, but lets not talk too much about those ;) )

perhaps we can summarize the display announcements in this thread?

here is one as a starter:

LG W2600HP
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1281813
http://de.lge.com/products/model/detail/businessundoffice_w2600hp.jhtml#
1920x1200 @ 60Hz
response: 5ms GtG
contrast: 1000:1 (5000:1 with DFC) sounds like Samsung's dynamic contrast
brightness: 400 cd/m2
Inputs: 15 Pin D-Sub, DVI-D (with HDCP)
an S-IPS with 5ms GtG (that's a new record, no?)

so has anyone seen any other nice new monitor's @ cebit?

nice one

that it were french movies was a bit less nice though...
i scared the crap out of my self and all my collegues at work :p (volume was still @ max)

i'll check them out this evening

how the hack LG's 26" has no hdmi....
anyway so finally 22" going to have full hd panel now?

Thanks very much for this site. I was really considering ordering an Samsung 22in. LCD very soon as I don't have a monitor right now. (I am using my dads) but now that I see these I really want to wait it out. Is there any release date of most (or any of these yet) and a price range. Please, please respond. Thank you!

All OLEDs look wickedly promising, but there is a couple of years wait just for the overpriced first monitors to hit the market. I need a decent IPS to hold me over.

how the hack LG's 26" has no hdmi....
anyway so finally 22" going to have full hd panel now?
Preferably DVI than just HDMI, HDMI is lousy/loose connector if monitor is often varied between standard and pivoted position.

Lenovo has had S-PVA paneled 1920x1200 resolution L220x out since last November/December, it's just rare in retail market.

that it were french movies was a bit less nice though...
i scared the crap out of my self and all my collegues at work :p (volume was still @ max)
Try "The Abyss Of Your Eyes" song from Visions album of Stratovarius and adjust sound level in first few seconds. Infinite (Infinity-album) is other good one...
(YouTube versions have way too high bitrate compression with heavy dynamic range compression)

thanks for posting what over people have been for the past few days.
Cool your jets j0j081, If you did a search you can see there is only one other thread aimed at this panel. No need to make snide comments.

Why does that Samsung screen have a resolution of 2048x1152? 1080p video will have to be stretched to fit the screen, which seems like it would cause some quality loss unless it has an awesome upconverter. Anyone?

Why does that Samsung screen have a resolution of 2048x1152? 1080p video will have to be stretched to fit the screen, which seems like it would cause some quality loss unless it has an awesome upconverter. Anyone?

It would have too be stretched, note its also a non-standard video resolution i.e. 16:9. Whatever they are trying to do is anyones guess.

It wouldn't have to be stretched at all to fit the screen, many players allow you to chose the aspect ratio and enforce it.

Btw, its non standard, but 16:9 is its aspect ratio, which is not-non standard. It's the standard for most recorded video in HD. 1080p = 16:9

It would have too be stretched, note its also a non-standard video resolution i.e. 16:9. Whatever they are trying to do is anyones guess.

My guess is that they are trying to remove the black bars at top/bottom when viewing 16:9 content on every other widescreen computer LCD (16:10). You'll be able to watch HDTV, Xbox, PS3, whatever with no letterbox bars at all.

My guess is that they are trying to remove the black bars at top/bottom when viewing 16:9 content on every other widescreen computer LCD (16:10). You'll be able to watch HDTV, Xbox, PS3, whatever with no letterbox bars at all.

There is nothing wrong with that however you have to remember is this a TV or a monitor?

Even with 1080p material you still have to scale to fill the black bars top/bottom & let/right.

TV or monitor, it doesn't matter much. There is no standard, for wide screen movies or television. And no, 16:9 is not the standard. Just putting that out there.

1920x1200 is WUXGA for example, WQXGA is 2560x1600 is it not? The samsung is just too weird in resolution IMO.

Back