Cell Phones Linked To Brain Cancer

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many times have you heard that cell phones cause cancer? Probably as many times as you’ve heard that they don’t cause cancer. Well, here comes the switcharoo again, the World Health Organization says there is a link to brain cancer. :eek:

The World Health Organization is about to reveal that its decade-long investigation has found the devices can lead to cancer — and the internationally-respected body will soon issue a public health message with its findings, London’s Daily Telegraph reported today.

And stupidity can lead to death.

I wonder when we finally figured out that free roaming energy isn't good for our bodies?

It's not like it's the Force, or something.

It is just lower wavelength radiation.

Upstairs Neighbour has some 3-4 year old SonyEricsson, when it goes off for a text message or a call, or even a handshake stay-alive, my computer speakers buzz.

My Nokia E61 is on the same desk I have my computer on. Not a single sound from my speakers unless I reboot it. Which is weird, my N-Gage would buzz it just noticably from the other side of the room.

Maybe we have different operators and their phone needs to use a louder signal to reach their closest node?

I really trust some international bureaucrat to be looking out for our well being.... Not.

Doesn't matter if this is true, people still are going to use cell phones.

Proof? Cigarettes are proven to lead to multiple types of cancer, many types of respiratory illnesses, and have been ostracized to the point you can't even smoke in your own house in many areas..... yet they're still going strong!

So does Fox News also cause brain cancer or is it just a symptom of brain cancer?

Life is the leading cause of death. It is a chronic illness that is uncurable. The only know cause is birth. Symptions include, growth, and aging. In all cases life leads to dealth with a 100% mortality rate.

I understand this thinking but, what do they have to benefit from in saying cell phones are linked to brain cancer.

We have been paye *ahem* informed by our cell phone consortiu *ahem* companies - companies - that newer cell phones don't have this issue.

And stupidity can lead to death.

I wonder when we finally figured out that free roaming energy isn't good for our bodies?

It's not like it's the Force, or something.

It is just lower wavelength radiation.

Shall we have the discussion now or later about the differences between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation? There is a massive difference between electromagnetic radiation and the kind of radiation you get off a chunk of plutonium.

I give it a couple of weeks until the next article comes along saying that there is no link.

The worry from talking on the phone all the time isn't cancer - it's being an asshole.

Shall we have the discussion now or later about the differences between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation? There is a massive difference between electromagnetic radiation and the kind of radiation you get off a chunk of plutonium.

I give it a couple of weeks until the next article comes along saying that there is no link.

The worry from talking on the phone all the time isn't cancer - it's being an asshole.

Does it really matter? It's still crap in the air!

Would you feel safe about living next to a radar unit? (Oh... that's how they discovered the first microwave :p).

So... do you feel safe standing next to an underclocked microwave?

Upstairs Neighbour has some 3-4 year old SonyEricsson, when it goes off for a text message or a call, or even a handshake stay-alive, my computer speakers buzz.

My Nokia E61 is on the same desk I have my computer on. Not a single sound from my speakers unless I reboot it. Which is weird, my N-Gage would buzz it just noticably from the other side of the room.

Maybe we have different operators and their phone needs to use a louder signal to reach their closest node?

I forget the specifics, but this has to do with the specific way that cell phone communicates. I forget which is worse GSM or TDMA. I had one phone that I always knew when it was about to ring because my speakers would start making that noise.

My current phone, I leave it laying on my desk next to my speaker and nothing. Not a peep.

Does it really matter? It's still crap in the air!

Would you feel safe about living next to a radar unit? (Oh... that's how they discovered the first microwave :p).

So... do you feel safe standing next to an underclocked microwave?

Power levels and frequencies my friend. Power levels and frequencies.

At this point we're deep into the FUD level and far away from the science based observations we need.

Heh, microwaves are another serious victim of FUD.

Thank goodness I wear a tin foil hat at all times, no brain cancer for me, and it stops the aliens and government from reading my brain waves to boot!

So if 1 radar unit uses 4kW, and we have 20000 cell phones off of 500mW...

Then we have a problem?

Argue electricity at 60Hz is less dangerous then electricity at 120Hz... anything like 4000V / 400A is still deadly.

I think the real issue here is the fact that we haven't discovered a cure for cancer yet.

Damn you, Dark Ages! WE COULD HAVE MADE SO MANY ADVANCES IF YOU HADN'T COCK-BLOCKED SCIENCE!!

Just don't keep your cell phone in your front pants pocket. I would rather have a whole in my brain than no balls.

Hell, it's legal for police to shoot lasers at our eyes when we're driving and blast us with directed radar waves to measure speed. Cell phones are the least of my worries.

I think the real issue here is the fact that we haven't discovered a cure for cancer yet.

Damn you, Dark Ages! WE COULD HAVE MADE SO MANY ADVANCES IF YOU HADN'T COCK-BLOCKED SCIENCE!!

Hahaha +1.

Did you guys know that when you fly you get a dose of 5mrem/hr?

Your fire alarms contains a radio active isotope that releases beta particles?

Well water commonly contains an isotope of radeon which you inhale and then it decays leaving radioactive metal particles in your lung?

Jeez the world is so scary with all this radiation but yet somehow our life expectancy's keep growing and growing.

Would you rather have a cell phone to call for help after you hit a tree or would you rather die from said accident because you're worried about small doses of radiation?

Hahaha +1.

Well water commonly contains an isotope of radeon which you inhale and then it decays leaving radioactive metal particles in your lung?

Jeez the world is so scary with all this radiation but yet somehow our life expectancy's keep growing and growing.

Would you rather have a cell phone to call for help after you hit a tree or would you rather die from said accident because you're worried about small doses of radiation?
Would you rather have:
nutmeg
oatmeal
presents

and we could have a christmas party!

Seriously... no more 'what if.'

I keep my phone off, unless if I need it.

There is a interesting BBC documentary on radiation, that goes over many areas about how radiation affects humans and statistics on it's cancer causing effects. around the :36 mark it talks about that the areas of the country that have the highest rates of radiation also have the lowest incidence of cancer.. also how they used theories on how much radiation it would take to kill people and applied that to Chernobyl, FAR less people died from the fallout than they expected.. it's pretty intriguing if you can get through it

radiation must be the most widely misunderstood topic out there. people get all freaked when they hear the word. most people dont know that we receive a huge dose from nature every year and that our bodies are simply evolved to handle it

someone mentioned beta radiation in an earlier post here - that stuff is shielded by skin quite easily. the cell phone stuff is electromagnetic or non-ionizing. that means that its not alpha, beta or gamma. i'm sure lots of it wouldnt be good for you but the same can be said about water. get an x-ray anytime recently? theres a huge dose of gamma radiation. how about a CT scan? thats a high powered x-ray machine even better. lots more to worry about than a cell phone. just turn the damn thing off for a change.

There is a interesting BBC documentary on radiation, that goes over many areas about how radiation affects humans and statistics on it's cancer causing effects. around the :36 mark it talks about that the areas of the country that have the highest rates of radiation also have the lowest incidence of cancer.. also how they used theories on how much radiation it would take to kill people and applied that to Chernobyl, FAR less people died from the fallout than they expected.. it's pretty intriguing if you can get through it

We are evolving, soon we will feed upon it. No longer will we wither on the vine , we will embrace it and become more powerful mooooo hahahaahoahahhahahahhahhah:p

Would you rather have:
nutmeg
oatmeal
presents

and we could have a christmas party!

Seriously... no more 'what if.'

I keep my phone off, unless if I need it.

Christmas party out of those three?! Where do you live?!

I was illustrating the point that cell phones more then likely save more lives than they supposedly "kill".

lol... I'm sorry for the bad time!

Had a horrid two days, but I just learned my bonus check came through :D.

have fun!

Hahaha +1.

They put video cards in our water? Or did you mean radon?

They put video cards in our water? Or did you mean radon?

spelling police on the scene!

though i would be pretty friggin excited if my well contained radeon 5870's, though how would you inhale them and what do they decay to? 4870's?

Is there even a case where someone died from brain cancer that was caused from cell phones??

What a waste of 30 million dollars. Fucken pork....

I am not surprised to hear this at all.it is always something like this.Maybe we should just stop producing now since people die all the time.

Hahaha +1.

Americium 241 is an alpha emitter, not a beta emitter.

Back