CES 2012 Thread - Post new case news posts here

Mysticode

Gawd
Thought we could use an index of news reports from CES 2012 related to cases. This thread is not for reviews of cases in any sort, only for news blips and snippets from around the net about cases found at CES 2012!

If you have spotted a news report for a case, please reply to this thread and link it. Only post a new link if it has not been posted before, so please READ the past replies, and then reply and make your post in this format:

Manufacturer name here with case name(s) - URL here.

This is my addition to this post, from the other thread:

MSI - http://insideindustrynews.com/2012/01/09/msi-launches-military-class-inspired-interceptor-series-2/

Last edited:
The NZXT looks the most appealing so far, but it needs more than a fancy window design. Need to see more i.e. Lian Li and Silverstone.
I'm looking for game changers i.e. Cosmos II. The MSI, Thermaltake and Corsair cases are more of the same.

Well keep your eyes peeled and be sure to post any new case news posts you find in this thread! :D

I read they are indeed at CES 2012, with NINE new cases. Now that's an impressive haul to bring overseas to show off at CES. No news reports yet that I could find.

And news from Fractal Designs! If you guys see anything from Fractal, please please post it here. I am too busy at work to troll all the news sites at the moment :(

Maybe it's an NZXT Switch 820 or some such, because the externals are different. They usually keep the internals the same in the same series, see Corsair 400R and 500R.

So far a pretty lame year. Best thing yet. Cooler Masters new case.

I have dispatched a spy to find the Fractal Design booth tomorrow. He said he'd email me some photos! We will probably see a news report before that though :/

Murderbox TJ07 is supposed to be on display but I've yet to see any real world pics.

Lian Li is supposed to have 9 new cases on display as well but no pics yet.

I wonder if that 550D is going to have more room behind the motherboard tray compared to the 650D. It took me a few tries to finally get wiring laid down well enough to avoid a bending side.

Ah thanks Scuba Steve! I am looking over the videos now. The 550D is pretty neat, I like the option of sound dampening or cooling.

OH, forgot to ask, any idea if the 300R has stick-in thumbnails for the back panel?

Last edited:
Looks like it might be near the end of CES for Lian Li and Coolermaster to reveal lineups.

Lian Li's CES lineup (more pics here):

PC-Q12 (Mini-ITX, no expansion slots)

PC-90 (HPTX motherboard support)

PC-100 (shown previously; motherboard is reversed so it faces the front of the case)

PC-B10FN (variation on the PC-B10; swaps 5.25" bays for more HDDs)

PC-Q09FN (HTPC; variation of the PC-Q09F)

PC-Q15 (Mini-ITX, 1 expansion slot)

PC-Q18 (seems to be a slightly more compact PC-Q08)

Unknown model (edit: it's the PC-V700) (similar internally to the PC-A05FN with fewer external bays and more internal HDDs)

Added: the PC-Q05 thin-ITX, though it was shown a couple months back.

Edit: more/better external pics of some models here

Last edited:
That White TU-200 Is nice. Wish they had more pics of it.

Looks like two or three 5.25 bays are becoming more standard vs five 5.25 bays.

Come on Coolermaster offer a new five 5.25 bay case for me.

Last edited:
Necere can you please edit your post to have links to the images, instead of on-page images?

Thanks,

Just got word from my CES spy that Fractal Design has NO new cases to show off. I am saddened.. greatly... :(

Back