CES 2015: Seiki 4K TVs – Curved, Displayport 1.3, HDMI 2.0

Pastuch

Gawd
https://translate.google.com/transl...it-bongiovi-acoustics.html&edit-text=&act=url

This is news to me... Seiki released more info on their new models. 28 to 65 inches VA panel, awesome. Pray for non PWM back light.

Translation below and above.

Crystal clear UHD images at the best value for money: At CES will also Curved TVs on display alongside 4K TVs with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels with domed screen. All units are equipped with the latest specifications such as HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.3 and MHL 3.0 and a high-quality built-Aligned Vertical panel and a USB 3.0 hub. With screen sizes from 28 to 65 inches Seiki offers a model to suit every taste. To playback the respective agents, even 4K Blu-Ray player is among the novelties.

Wonderful sound at a low price
With the new TV series combines Seiki brilliant resolutions and superior audio quality in a product. The powerful digital audio signal processor Bongiovi Acoustics DPS the technology allows acoustic performance improvements of audio systems that can otherwise only be achieved with high-priced hardware. Audio streams are digitally restored in real time by missing harmonics, improving clarity, presence and bass response to be added. With DPS technology also maximum efficiency in the audio processing is achieved even in noisy environments. Further advantages are the maximum reproduction of audio sources from 30-15K cycles, a speaker detection and adjustment of signal sources to maximize speaker performance and improved audio clarity at very low volume.

With screen sizes from 28 to 65 inches Seiki offers a model to suit every taste.

Wow. if this is the case im really impressed. Also inclusion of both HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.3 is just awesome.

If the input lag is below 40ms then i am in for 3 of these things.

How is the QC on this brand?

Not great. Its a bargin brand. However it got lots of word of mouth because it was the first cheap 4k TV you could buy. Outside of its resolution advantage however the picture quality itself was mediocre. I've seen the 50 inch in action and while the resolution is great (plus it supported 1080p 120hz) it had horrible uniformity issues , sub par color reproduction and terrible contrast. I will say its well supported by Seiki and they offered firmware updates with some regularity.

It also could only do 4k 30hz. With DP 1.3 and HDMI 2.0 it should be able to do 4k at 60hz with 4:4:4 Chroma (through its DP 1.3 port) in the new model. I highly doubt it'll have great picture quality as well considering its projected price point.

But there are plenty of people out there who couldn't care about PQ and just want a quick and dirty way to 4k at 60hz at 4:4:4.

But there are plenty of people out there who couldn't care about PQ and just want a quick and dirty way to 4k at 60hz at 4:4:4.

Or there are plenty of people who do care about good picture quality, but don't want to spend the extra money for Great or more money on Exceptional or even more money on EXTRAORDINARY PICTURE QUALITY.

I'm one of those "people" :D

How is the QC on this brand?

They were a practically-unheard of brand here on Hard OCP until April 2013 when I posted the link to the 50" 4K version for $1299 (when everyone else was at the $4000+ range)

(http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039786192&postcount=116)

I purchased my 50" in May 2013 and have never had an issue with it since upgrading the firmware about a week or so after I bought it. I then picked up the 39" version in September of 2013 and upgraded its firmware to the same version as the 50" (They share electronics, evidently) and that one, too, has exhibited no problems.

I dunno about QC statistics but I've been pleased with both purchases. They've been reliable and I currently see no need to upgrade anytime soon.

Outside of its resolution advantage however the picture quality itself was mediocre. I've seen the 50 inch in action and while the resolution is great (plus it supported 1080p 120hz) it had horrible uniformity issues , sub par color reproduction and terrible contrast. I will say its well supported by Seiki and they offered firmware updates with some regularity.

Too bad reality does not agree with your impressions: contrast is, was and will be amazing, since it is a VA panel with true blacks, not the light gray blacks of IPS panels. My 39" 4k had 96% sRGB coverage out of factory and achieved 99% sRGB coverage with a $80 Spyder Express, numbers that displays costing thrice as much couldn't beat.

I would say that it is a mediocre TV out of the box, but capable of fantastic numbers for users with brains capable of reaching the service menu to tweak offset gains color by color.

...Curved TVs on display alongside 4K TVs with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels with domed screen. All units are equipped with the latest specifications such as HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.3 and MHL 3.0 and a high-quality built-Aligned Vertical panel and a USB 3.0 hub...

This sounds more like high-end monitor specs than TV, hopefully input lag will be in low range.

Some specs:

• Vertical Alignment (Super VA) LED panel technology with 3,840 by 2,160 4K Ultra HD resolution
  • 12-bit color processing and 14-bit gamma mode
  • HDMI 1.4 (HDMI 2.0 in Q2 2015), DisplayPort 1.2 (DisplayPort 1.3 in Q2 2015), MHL 3.0, DVI and VGA standards display connections
  • Picture-by-picture (x4) and daisy chain mode
  • USB 3.0 hub (1 upstream and 2 downstream)
  • VESA-compliant adjustable monitor stand with quick release

Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seiki-breaks-into-desktop-monitor-market-with-a-pair-of-seiki-pro-branded-4k-ultra-hd-displays-300015324.html

Does that mean a firmware update in Q2 or should we wait for Q2 for the new model?

Back