[CES2016] ROG Swift PG348Q 34-inch (3440 x 1440) 100Hz Nvidia G-SYNC

Nardeus

Weaksauce
PG348Q_image1.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv8EuOuDedQ

Early february around 1200-1300$

to follow ;-)

Last edited:
I was hoping they would up the refresh rate to 144 oc'd. I'll wait for the review and OLED is starting to come out.

I wonder if it ill will fly if you pick it up by the bezel and swivel the propeller fast enough

There is already a thread about this, ancient news. Basically the same as an X34 but five months late.

Do you think we will see any dp 1.3 monitors this year?

I was really disappointed by this ces.
If there will be, hopefully the upcoming video card releases this year will have DP 1.3 outputs.

Wow they are making a 24" ROG Swift something I thought I wanted a year ago untill I went 27"

Really, monitors like this look so pedestrian after seeing a 4k 120hz OLED monitor. They're all going to have to step up their game.

LCD isn't impressive. The only way LCD monitors can be attractive at this point is to be absurdly cheap (and this isn't).

Wow they are making a 24" ROG Swift something I thought I wanted a year ago untill I went 27"
$549 for a 24 inch 1080 TN 144hz gsync is laughably overpriced. Heck the Acer XB270HU was on sale for that price a few weeks ago and that is a 27 inch 1440 IPS 144hz gsync.

Asus being late to the party again. Man after hearing about that Dell OLED display, I just can't get excited for any LCD monitor anymore :(

Really, monitors like this look so pedestrian after seeing a 4k 120hz OLED monitor. They're all going to have to step up their game.

LCD isn't impressive. The only way LCD monitors can be attractive at this point is to be absurdly cheap (and this isn't).
With the Dell UP3017Q being $5,000, this monitor is absurdly cheap by comparison. Maybe OLED monitors will actually be affordable in a few years.

This LCD looks sweet. Very slick design and I look forward to 100Hz smoothness. That price is a bit much however. Can a R9 290 run this type of res and refresh rate sufficiently?

This LCD looks sweet. Very slick design and I look forward to 100Hz smoothness. That price is a bit much however. Can a R9 290 run this type of res and refresh rate sufficiently?

Maybe in crossfire... I have a tough time hitting 60 with one @ this res.

Yeah, but with crossfire we can't hit 100Hz looks like this LCD supports only G-SYNC and not FreeSync?

There's been a whole lot of discussion on Overclock.net forums about this monitor

Most sources are saying that this will be a 100hz monitor out of the box, which means no more 100hz lottery like the X34 owners have to do. Still some panel "experts" do insist in saying that it will be the same as the X34.

ASUS is guilty of many QC issues with their high end monitors, but it seems they are taking their time before releasing this one. Maybe we can see a flawless 3440x1440 Gsync monitor, maybe not. It only depends on ASUS.

There's actually a lot to discuss until the monitor is released.

Back