CFX3200 Problem

Ke0

Weaksauce
Hey, I have a problem with my new rig. Plugged everything up set the switches to the correct places, and I can't even get my PC to boot up, (the mobo's power switch won't even power on the system

I can see that the standby led is on, I've tried taking every apart and putting back together again but it didn't help at all. Could it be my power supply?

Rig set up

AMD 4000+
1GB Crucial
120GB Western Digital SATA HDD
Sapphire X1900XT 256MB
Antec SP 500 PSU
DFI CFX3200-DR

That Antec PSU isn't great.
Assuming that you have all the correct connectors plugged in properly & nothing grounding out then it simply may not be upto the job of powering the rig & the X1900XT.

Start by disconnecting the HDD's and optical drive so that you just have power going to your Video and MB. Then try the power switch again.

If still nothing, check the power switch connector on the MB header just to make sure it is in the proper place. If it is, then remove the switch and just use a screwdriver to short the 2 pins and see if it turns on.

This sometimes happens when you have a grounding problem as well. You may need to remove your PCI-e cards and remove the MB. while the board is out of the case, place it on a non-conductive surface, hook up your power supply, insert your videocard and then try to power it on.

If the system turns on while out of the case, then you definately had a grounding issue. If not, then you may have a multitude of different issues.

Back