Changing file directory

Soyo13

Gawd
I'm wondering if it's possible to change file directory from it's default location to to a different drive, and/or Dropbox? If so, how?

O/S used Window 7 home Premium.

I'm wondering if it's possible to change file directory from it's default location to to a different drive, and/or Dropbox? If so, how?

O/S used Window 7 home Premium.

Hi, Soyo13,

I believe the "Redirect a folder to a new location" entry in Help, Starte->"Help and Support" will provide you with the steps to accomplish what you want.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

I'm already aware of this and am using this for My Docuemnt, Music, Video, Download, etc etc.

But I meant for other folders such as C:\Users\Soyo13\AppData. This folder don't even have any option to redirect.

Go to the computer manager/local users and find your username. View properties, then under the profile tab you will see 'local path'. Input the new location of your user profile.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Create a folder in the location you want your profile to be. Create a new user account that is an administrator. Log out and log into the new account. Under the advanced users settings, click on your user account and click 'copy to' and see if it lets you copy to the new location. You then need to go into the computer manager/users and find your profile, then change the Profile/Local Path.

Back