charging with the front USB ports on a QPack

adri1456

Gawd
Yesterday, I plugged in my Creative Microphoto MP3 player into one of the front USB ports to recharge the battery because it was almost drained. I was on the computer all day, and when I checked it about 8 hours later, the battery was still recharging (it usually took a couple of hours to charge). To figure out the problem, I plug it into the back. In a couple of hours, the MP3 player's battery is almost done charging.

Is there a power problem with the front USB ports of my QPack? I can use them for my USB storage drives, but I was worried that its not providing (enough) power to my MP3 player for a recharge.

Make sure the front panel leads are connected to the mobo correctly. If I recall correctly, the Q-Pack's front panel USB connector is one of the big plugs, not a bunch of individual pin ones. Therefore, it should work fine.

Have you ever ran some sort of a modded thing off the front panel USB? If you drew more than 100mA through the USB hub on the mobo, you may have blown or partially blown the power on it.

Other than those two possibilities, I can't think of why it would not charge... Maybe it wasn't plugged in well or something.

i thought it had individual pins for its front usb 1.1 support. Forgot i put one together for a friend

IIRC, mine are one big plug, not individuals for each pin. Also, my front USB ports do not work at all. I know my MB is fine, since those ports have worked in other cases. I suspect the QPack is just kind of a P.O.S. :(

luke51087 said:
i thought it had individual pins for its front usb 1.1 support. Forgot i put one together for a friend
USB 1.x and 2.0 plugs are identical, the controller and root hub on the mobo are just different to allow much faster transfer on 2.0

Votey said:
IIRC, mine are one big plug, not individuals for each pin. Also, my front USB ports do not work at all. I know my MB is fine, since those ports have worked in other cases. I suspect the QPack is just kind of a P.O.S. :(
I wouldn't say it is a piece of shit, but there is definently room for improvement...

Back