Cheap 16GB flash drive?

I'm looking for a 16GB flash drive. Any places selling them for cheap?
~$20 is what I'm looking for.

I am not sure that is a realistic price for what you want. $30-$40 is what I saw at Newegg for that capacity. Microcenter's own brand is $35.

"Frankly...Lieutenant, I don't think that's realistic" -Commander Riker.

Last edited:
whatever you do, do not buy one from ebay at that price, most of those "too good to be true" thumb drives they sell are fakes.

That Fry's deal was the exception, most other stores are $35 and up for 16gb. The larger microcenter-brand thumb drives are decent but have slow transfer speeds (their 8gb one is extremely slow)

I've been hoping for another newegg shellshocker deal for a flash drive. I got my 8GB kingston data traveler for $10 like that a year ago. I should've bought more than one.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Buy.com had the 16GB PNY Attaché for $29.99 shipped yesterday but it's OOS now. Like others have said, you're probably looking at closer to $30 unless you catch a really slick deal. Set up an alert on SD and sign up for Buy's newsletter for the best chances on getting a deal.

It looks like flash drive prices have stopped falling. I got an 8 GB flash drive for $15 about a year ago. I figured a year later, 16 GB would sell for about that price, but they're still in the $30 range. :(

I got an OCZ Diesel 16GB for $29.99 free shipping from newegg a while back (but it's not discontinued on newegg) and it had a $15 mail-in rebate from OCZ that took 3 weeks to get.
$14.99, never been able to find anything close to that price since =(

I have the OCZ 16GB Diesel ... middle of the pack performance, great build quality, good price ..

My car has a USB port, and I am looking for a big flash drive so I don't have to drag my Touch around, and $20 sure would be nice.

...and man that Ebay fake stuff is very disturbing.

I got an OCZ Diesel 16GB for $29.99 free shipping from newegg a while back (but it's not discontinued on newegg) and it had a $15 mail-in rebate from OCZ that took 3 weeks to get.
$14.99, never been able to find anything close to that price since =(

I remember that one.. Should of jumped on it when I had the chance.

My car has a USB port, and I am looking for a big flash drive so I don't have to drag my Touch around, and $20 sure would be nice.

...and man that Ebay fake stuff is very disturbing.

Just cough up an extra $14 and get the Cruzer.

Back