cheap arsed student...

stuman

Limp Gawd
yes...yes i am and therfor haveno money... apart from £260 about $400 to spend on a screen, and so there are a few questions ineed somehelp with......

1. is a 25ms responce time on a 15" screen VERY bad for ghosting...?? i read somewhere that unless its a 16ms responce then its gunna ghos, is this true?

2. why is there a shortage of screens in the uk, its like there is nowhere with a good amount of stock....

3. i see alot of places selling 15" with a responce of 16ms however from what i can tell they must be lieing, due to the fact that they are home brand no name screens eg..(http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-TFT15S)
should i trust it and buy or keep lookin?

4. is the samsung 152x worth saving for..never seen it up close and its got a smaller screen size and res than my crt.....

5. recomend me somthin........plz

cheers in advance....

edit...bumpage
---stu---

You'll definitely see some ghosting on a 25ms lcd.

25ms isn't "that" bad, but when there are 16ms panels out, why would you settle for less?

I've had a 25ms 19" viewsonic about a year back (when it first came out), I couldn't stand the ghosting, so I returned it and got a CRT instead. =)

It just depends on how picky you are.

Most games that are NOT fps will have minimal ghosting. (e.g. strategy, rts etc)

but fast pace FPS games will definitely have ghosting visible.

Here's a calculation of ms to fps.

Response time of 25 ms = 1/ 0.025 = 40 images displayed on the screen per second.

Response time of 16 ms = 1/ 0.016 = 62.5 images displayed on the screen per second.

So, you should definitely should consider the 16ms lcd over 25.

DO you really need a TFT?

For 260 the TFT you get will be poor IMO...you could get a much higher quality CRT for the same money.

very true but being a student im also cursed with a tiny dorm room, so a nice crt is out.... sorry....

so wat u think of that 16ms 15" pannel in the link??

400 dollars can get you a fairly nice 16ms LCD. Look at planars or benq's that have 16ms. Good prices. Think Dell and Tigerdirect had some for under 400.

Response time of 25 ms = 1/ 0.025 = 40 images displayed on the screen per second.

Response time of 16 ms = 1/ 0.016 = 62.5 images displayed on the screen per second.

Does that mean that you won't notice a different in frame rate over 40 FPS if you're using a 25 ms panel?:confused:

Originally posted by Biddle
Does that mean that you won't notice a different in frame rate over 40 FPS if you're using a 25 ms panel?:confused:

no, that means once the FPS reaches above 40 it will start to ghost because the pixels can't keep up.

Back