Cheap Cube Alternative

SpangeMonkee

[H]ard|Gawd
I received a Container Store catalog in the mail today and saw this Galvanized Cube for $29.99. It's 14"x14"x14". I figured it would be a great alternative to a more expensive cube case. You can add a perforated or solid door for $11.99 or $9.74 (respectively). There is also a buncha accessories including shelves (mobo tray?) or caster wheels that you can add.

Just thought I would pass this idea along to the modding community.

Yeah, that would work, if someone wanted to use one. 14" square x 14" deep, that's big enough for a full size ATX mobo. The only downside might be the weight of this thing, since it's galvanized steel.

Nice find. :)

Nivram said:
Yeah, that would work, if someone wanted to use one. 14" square x 14" deep, that's big enough for a full size ATX mobo. The only downside might be the weight of this thing, since it's galvanized steel.

You could always put the rollers on it, hehe. That's pretty neat.(Hampster starts running on the treadmill in my head)

haha that would be so funny if you put casters on it and have a built in 14" LCD and maybe a keyboard and touch pad. All you need then is a battery, and you could roll it down the sidewalk, maybe put a leash on it. (and wireless internet too)

Nivram said:

Nice find. :)

weight shouldn't be a problem for anyone wanting a cube case especially if there is a rolling option. :p

kuyaglen said:
Awesome find dude (the cube and the site)!

yeah, I always walk around thinking "Can I put a computer in that?" I wish they had bigger acrylic boxes. :)

Back