Cheap Palit 4850 on NewEgg

Palit is pretty good by all accounts. and its a non reference cooler. The price is right. I have though about putting two of these together and see well the crossfire worked. would like to see the temps on these things.

need to find some reviews somewhere

I had the same designed 8800gt by Palit.

Overclocking sucked... it was a mini version also. Same cooler but it ran Way cooler than the reference design, but still overclocked like crap.

Will an E6300 @ 2.8ghz be able to push this card to the max at 1920x1200?

I don't really care for overclocking since I have an lcd and I max out at 60fps anyway.

Will an E6300 @ 2.8ghz be able to push this card to the max at 1920x1200?

I don't really care for overclocking since I have an lcd and I max out at 60fps anyway.

you really want to look at a higher end card. or two of the 4850 if you can crossfire. but a 4870 or GTX260 would be your best bet. GTX280 or 4870X2 if you want everything maxed out.

I pulled the trigger on this card. So far there is one review on Newegg. ATM - this is THE cheapest 4850 on the market.

I think it's a great price for a HD 4850 if you are not overclocking it and it's even much smaller and probably runs cooler.
Let us know the temperature you are getting.

after you buy it i got a nice gfx chilla you can slap it if your interested.

Thank you guys, I will report back on the temps I'm getting with this card. What utility should I use?

For me, the total came out to 163.99 after MIR And tax/shipping.

Palit is an OEM manufacturer, that's why you never see their cards. But lately they've been trying to muscle in on the retail market as well. They are a premier nVidia partner (or something like that) and their nVidia offerings are pretty darn good. Not sure about ATi but I daresay it should be pretty good as well. YMMV on overclocks but their non-reference coolers work well too.

This card looks awesome.. haven't seen a high end-ish card this small since the 9700 pro. How's the fan noise? One review said it was loud.

Back