cheap speakers?

Rydawg5143

Supreme [H]ardness
The ones I have are gettign static so want to get a new set. Max price if 50 bucks shipped. I pretty much use my headphones for everything but once in a blue moon i like to listen to music while i'm cleaning or such. SO i'm not audio freak but would like something that sounds good. Ideas?

I just can't justify spending that much on computer speakers i will use once a month if that. I'll probably just head to MC and grab some cheapy logitechs, least i can return em :p

I have those BA735s speakers and they are an excellent bargain on ebay despite their fugly appearance lol.

If you want cheap and quality, go look at an auction or someone or a shop selling an old pack of Acoustic Research AR 570 powered partners. They used to retail for $300 (or was it $200?) new back in the early 90's and were pretty much the best computer speakers you could get without going bookshelf/audiophile. And they still kick the living crap out of any computer speaker setup today. Grab a decent sub and you're set until you go into audiophile land.

These speakers were later changed to 'Advent' brand when they absorbed AR/Jensen.
So if you can find the original label, you might get a really good deal.

Someone found a set of the AR speakers for $10 (!!) at a used parts sale awhile back and the speakers were brand new.

I just picked up a set of these little buggers from Walmart:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...GB_CONSUMER/Multimedia-Speaker-2-1+SPA2300-05

I can't find them on the WM website, but they've actually on the shelf at several stores. $39.95 plus tax. They REALLY put out the bass. I was genuinely surprised. Overall the sound quality is what you get for $40, a little boxy sounding on the speakers, but the subwoofer is great for so cheap. I used them for an XBox 360 and games and music sounded fine.

If you can find them in an old OfficeMax or similar brick & mortar, then the Logitech X-230's are great for cheap speakers as well.

Back