cheap stacker?

The only similarity I see is the front being all 5 1/4 bays, that case is windowed, looks different, and mounts the motherboard upside-down. It also doesn't support dual-PSUs.

I like it.

I woulda really taken a good hard look at it if I didn't just buy my P180.

lol, the title shouldnt be cheap stacker, should be cheap stacker look alike. But seems a nice case.

I like this case (the black version). I can't tell if its aluminum. If not its pretty expensive. If I can mod a 120mm in the front I may just buy it. ;)

Shmuckety said:
I like this case (the black version). I can't tell if its aluminum. If not its pretty expensive. If I can mod a 120mm in the front I may just buy it. ;)
its definitely not aluminum, it weighs about 22lbs but its still a nice case IMO, and there is a 120mm intake spot for it if u didnt notice, so theres no need to mod a 120mm fan in front, check out the manufacture's link, u can clearly see a 120mm intake fan and if that doesnt justify it, check out the sixth shot taken at newegg

I just got my Centurion 530 today from teh Egg. Hella nice case. Some folks call it the mini stacker. It only has 5 5 1/4" bays. The top two are specifically for optical drives with some freakin sharp looking stealth covers and eject buttons. You can install one of the 3.5" racks from the stacker in the lower three bays (not included) and there's room for 4 more hard drives and a floppy in the hidden 3.5" bays. My only beef with this case is that the Stealth covers can't be removed, thus forcing me to mount my Slot loading DVD ROM in the third bay. A quality case. Right now it's being used as a 2nd gaming rig. But in the future I'm going to install a 5 disc RAID 5 array in it with a Hot-swap enclosure up front. Ran me $86 shipped. Newegg had a $10 off promo on it last week.

Mr_Evil said:
I just got my Centurion 530 today from teh Egg. Hella nice case. Some folks call it the mini stacker. It only has 5 5 1/4" bays. The top two are specifically for optical drives with some freakin sharp looking stealth covers and eject buttons. You can install one of the 3.5" racks from the stacker in the lower three bays (not included) and there's room for 4 more hard drives and a floppy in the hidden 3.5" bays. My only beef with this case is that the Stealth covers can't be removed, thus forcing me to mount my Slot loading DVD ROM in the third bay. A quality case. Right now it's being used as a 2nd gaming rig. But in the future I'm going to install a 5 disc RAID 5 array in it with a Hot-swap enclosure up front. Ran me $86 shipped. Newegg had a $10 off promo on it last week.
yeea ive had my eyes on that case for a while, and i lik its features and of course its looks and 120mm intake/exhaust, i juss wish it was aluminum and had a removable mobo tray :(

The Centurion 530 is big enough you won't miss the mobo tray...but the weight will make you miss the aluminium :p. I have a Lian Li PC65 for my main rig...and the removable mobo tray ain't the all that and a bag of chips some might think it is. Unless you like upgrade every month.

I love my Centurion 530! Great case :) You're right, I had no problem without a removable mobo tray.

Exactly - removable mobo trays to me are overated - how often do you take out your mobo,.

The Centurion 530 ran me $86 shipped from newegg. Not an expensive case either. I gotta hand it to Coolermaster, they can make a damn nice case for under $100.

The 530 looks nice. What kind of fans does it take? 120 and 80?

Is the 120 in the fron of the back? Is the side 80mm?

meh a mobo tray to me is very valuable feature and is wat i need since i swap out ALOT of parts and id love to hav one......im really taking the praetorian in consideration because of all the features but the downside is imma hav to get used to noisy 80mms (i hav very sensitive ears, anything over 22dBA is considered loud to me)

oh yeea and BTW the new stacker has juss came out, the stacker 810 a very nice case it is with nice features and itll prolly hav a nice pricetag too :p

MrGuvernment said:
and u can get the 530 for less with out a PSU i beleive for around $60.
Nope, it's $68 without power supply, Shipping's like $15 on the thing. Newegg's regular price is $78. Don't know how much the $10 instant savings will last.

Shmuckety said:
The 530 looks nice. What kind of fans does it take? 120 and 80?

Is the 120 in the fron of the back? Is the side 80mm?
It takes 120s front and rear. There's no fan on the side. That's actually a duct for the CPU fan to suck cool air from. You get a second 120 up front if you install one of the Stacker's 3.5" bay modules in the lower 3 5 1/4" bays. The case comes with a single 120 LED fan out of the box. I need to go buy a second fan.

One other thing of note about the case. The headphone and mic jacks do not loop around the outside of the case and plug into the mini jacks....the Phone and Mic jack use the front panel audio header on your motherboard (assuming your board has one) Same goes for the front IEEE 1394 port. It plugs into any available 1394 header on the motherboard. Depending on who you are and your motherboard that could be good or bad.

Back