Cheap watercooling kits

theres a kit for just the cpu, and one thats cpu, chipset, and video for the same price, sides, the other kits arent too bad of a deal either. i bought the single 120 kit, but then i went and bought the 200mm rad for my antec 1200, to future proof it...and to show off.

The $80 kit is the one that tempts me. Would that work on a pheonom II quad 940 chip? I think my case would fit the dual 120mm nicely. Its the ABS lian li knockoff from some months back...

BTW how do these perform on current cpu's and video cards. All the reviews of them are quite old. Are they still up to the task?

at that price are you actually going to get a kit that is any better than a good air cooler?

at that price are you actually going to get a kit that is any better than a good air cooler?

It will still have WC properties (lower variation in temps, external heat venting, etc.)

Thanks to the OP for the deal, I was waiting for a low end system to go on sale and this is just what I wanted. Now I can excessively OC my low end graphics cards for kicks! :cool:

EDIT: though as a warning, these are very old kits. I wouldn't expect full compatibility with a number of newer chipsets, graphics cards, and CPUs. There isn't any official information really in compatibility with current hardware, so expect some modding for mounting.

hmmm couldn't really find any reviews and such on it......not bad for $50 it seems

I've looked up the Asetek kits before and there have been reports of the blocks cracking.

If you live near a Fry's, the Danger Den kit on clearance for $70 is a way better kit and deal.

Doubt it... the VGA cooler looks like it's meant for older/smaller VGA cards where the heatsink was smaller than the card not bigger.

Although I'm sure the CPU block would work fine I doubt it'd be better than a decent air-cooler for the same price, less hassle too.

I would never consider one of these for a main rig.

Not sure if its worth it tbh, I bought the kit a good while ago, and its performance was not up to my standards, and moved to Swiftech thereafter.

Thanks just saved me some money. I tried getting in on the frys WC kit but it was sold out at my store. My Q6600 hits 3.8 stable 24 prime.(boots up at 4.0 haven't tried making it stable). I only run it at 3.1 at stock because I am not comfortable with the temps when I run it at 3.8. That is why I am trying to get a WC kit but I don't have any clue as what I should buy.

No problem, these kits were made for Pentium 4s, It worked on my Pentium D 805, but not very good, and had problems with the pump itself leaking.

It does work, but again, since my experience wasn't the best, and its a bit outdated, I think your better served getting something newer.

SVC is a great company though, bought alot of stuff from them.

Yeah I was considering this and looking for parts to make it fit a 1366 socket, but didn't find anything. Ah well. Nice looking kit though

Back