check my new amd64x2 3800 OC !

mer

n00b
Hello I just bought a new computer I am so happy !!!11 ( w00t -> g33k )

Now...

amd x2 3800
ocz platinum 4800
6600gt
dfi SLI-D

Am I oc geek enough or I have to push more ?

cheers mates ;)

Nice solid o/c. What are your temps? Are you dual prime stable? If your temps are under 55*c load then try to push it to 2.6-2.7 ghz.

matt00926 said:
Nice solid o/c. What are your temps? Are you dual prime stable? If your temps are under 55*c load then try to push it to 2.6-2.7 ghz.
How do you check cpu temperature under heavy loading?? I know BIOS gives you cpu temperature but how do you check it while you're on Windows?? Do you need some kind of software for that?

yea a 3800+ runs a 9x multiplier, I have no clue why you'd put it at 8x and bump the HTT that high.

charliebrown78 said:
How do you check cpu temperature under heavy loading?? I know BIOS gives you cpu temperature but how do you check it while you're on Windows?? Do you need some kind of software for that?

EVEREST Ultimate or Home (Ultimate you pay for, Home is free), SpeedFan, MBM5 if it supports your mobo, there's some other good ones.

Actually the X2 3800 runs a 10X multi, but at 317HTT I doubt that it could do 3.17GHz.

matt00926 said:
Qft.

hello friends :)

2650mhz FULL stable . Thats it with stock cooling temps up to 51~c or so . I think the artic ceramique is VERY good I dont know what else is saying ...

Cheers ;) Lets see your 3800x2 overclocks!

you have a wicked board there...320 guaranteed now! so bump the multi to 10x (stock multi) and maybe if you have an amazing chip you can get to 3.2ghz ;)

General Crespin said:
EVEREST Ultimate or Home (Ultimate you pay for, Home is free), SpeedFan, MBM5 if it supports your mobo, there's some other good ones.
Okay, I downloaded Everest Home version 2.20. It's pretty cool. But where is the temperature for cpu?? Do I need ultimate version to see it??

I think you should try to run it at default voltage and mult at 10 and bump the HTT at 250 and cause that's what I did and it was pretty stable, no need to bump the voltage so early beorehand IMO...

what kind of cooling are you using?
i just got a 3800 x2 as well so i am interested to see what most people are getting with stock coolers.

1.55v? ouch, have u tried any lower voltage?
i would be very wary of using this type of voltage with air cooling, especially the stock cooler.

charliebrown78 said:
Okay, I downloaded Everest Home version 2.20. It's pretty cool. But where is the temperature for cpu?? Do I need ultimate version to see it??

You should just see a computer tab, click it and then a a sensor tab should be under it somewhere click that and you will see the temperature info.

Back