Checking progress with console?

rbanzai

Limp Gawd
I've started folding with the console version on a PC here at work that does pretty much nothing 95% of the time.

How can I check progress without screwing anything up? Someone made a reference to a "folding spy" but the link to Sourceforge was dead.

It's been several days and I'm wondering if I'm getting anywhere... :p

Crude way to check the process would be to go in the FAH folder then look in either fahlog.txt or unitinfo.txt. This is how I usually check the progress without disturbing it.

I now use FahSpy.
It works with all 3 types of clients.
Plus you can see the Fahlog.txt file in the lower window so its easier to check the status of each client.

Luck ..... :D

Electron Microscope is probably the most popular around here, but the site hosting it is currently down (it's been switching hosts now for several weeks). LPerry is the user here who maintains it, although he also goes by "the weatherman".

Thanks for the tip.

I've had the console version starting as a service for about a week now, runs at 50 cpu all the time.

And apparently all that work is going nowhere. FAHSpy shows it is on step 0 of 4000000. Whee!

This is usually why I try folding and give up for about a year at a time, because it's so hard to get it to do anything.

If your running FAHSpy then the lower left box has the FAHlog.txt file in it.
Scroll up in that box and see if you've just started a new protien.

The other one to check in that box is the client.cfg file.
What does the "local=?" read as thats the number of protiens that the client has folded.

Whats your CPU ?
If its a HT one then a single client is probably best.
If its a dual core one then try running two console clients.
Just put the second one in it own folder and set the MachineID to 2.

Luck ........ :D

Thanks for the info.

I decided to just trash everything and start over, and for whatever reason this time it appears to be working. So it sat there for a week eating up CPU cycles for nothing. :p

I will monitor it today, but I think things are now rolling (slowly) along.

P.S. YES! It's working. FAHSpy says it will be a couple of days. I'm so glad to be back to folding again.

Back