Chimp Challenge : Official thread

Have we heard anything from some of the power houses such as FLECOM and WRat? I'm hoping they'll be able to switch over a good percentage of their boxen.

I think it was Wrat has said he was going to convert his, not sure abotu Flecom...

Switch my main box from running Bonic to run F@H for the [H]ardApe :)
I'll work on the Quad later when I get home.

Sweet, motherboard, RAM, and CPU for my new Quad just arrived. I don't have a PSU yet though, waiting for that to arrive from delvryboy.

Every box that I have physical access to is switched over. Now the other team can feel the power of my Athlon XP's. :D

Starting to switch mine over now.
I may leave a couple of mine off for an hour or so, then they'll drop the right side of the starting line.

Luck ......... :D

Oh yeah baby, nothing like a new Q6600 with 4GB PC2 8000 to start off your Monday.

I think it was Wrat has said he was going to convert his, not sure abotu Flecom...

I'm pretty sure FLECOM could deploy this change very easily if so inclined. It's just a user ID change.

I have my huge and massive dual regular clients on my 3.0Ghz Pentium D here at work switched over. It's going to be a while before it does anything, though.

I'll make sure to switch at least one of my quads and my X2 at home when I get home tonight. I have easy access to those boxen so it will only take a couple minutes to change them over. If I have the chance I'll switch the other two quads over, but that requires a bit more work and I have a lot of stuff I have to get done tonight.

Just FYI it takes 35min for the OC stats page to update for all those that will be watching this closely.

11:35 CT = 9:35PDT = 35 min to do the update. And unfortunately our ramp up is already showing its head... so much for my hopes of dropping to last place just as the race goes live! :p

Oh yeah baby, nothing like a new Q6600 with 4GB PC2 8000 to start off your Monday.

Great goin' there Tobit, it sounds like you gots one serious foldin' boxen there. :p "Mucho Good Luck" :D

I wish my Q6600 would hurry up and get here. (I've just about "chomped" my bit to oblivion) :rolleyes:

Oh, BTW, how's that Gigabyte board workin' out for ya? :confused:

Oh, BTW, how's that Gigabyte board workin' out for ya?
Dunno, UPS just dropped it off this morning 2 hours before I took that pic. PSU from delvryboy won't be here til Thursday. No way to start testing and folding til then.

how do you "switch over" your computer, I cannot see a client to download or anything? Did I miss something?

how do you "switch over" your computer, I cannot see a client to download or anything? Did I miss something?

Run the client with the switch -configonly and change your ID to [H]ardApe. Then start the client again without the switch.

You just need to reconfig it so the user name is [H]ardApe

Either do it the offical way.
Shut the client down.
Restart it with the -config flag.
Change your user name to [H]ardApe

Or if your running a service.
Stop the service and client.
run with the -config only flag.
Restart the sevice.

Or the unoffical way.
Open the client.cfg file with Windoze NotePad.
Change your user name to [H]ardApe
close and save changes.
Reboot the client.
Check in FAHlog.txt that the changed client.cfg file works and your use name is [H]ardApe
If it not working right then just use the offical way to rebuild your config file.

I've just done my 24 clients the unoffical way since I last posted.

Luck ............ :D

We're all pretty intense with the answers today it seems. :D

Those other chimps are going down! I'm going to be a chimp on fire once my little studio heats up.

Does 5.04 beta still work for returning results?

Good news... the big banana I got last night around 11p will be ripe for picking about 5p (EDT) this afternoon.

I like the sound of the [H]ardApe getting fed just after the race goes live...

Those other chimps are going down! I'm going to be a chimp on fire once my little studio heats up.

Does 5.04 beta still work for returning results?

FAH5.04-Console still works great for single proc boxes. And its not a beta.

Ive managed to change over 29/33 SMP clients. I have a box that somehow dropped off the domain, running 4 VMs. I can't login to the host or the VM Console, but the sucker is still folding...

Ive managed to change over 29/33 SMP clients. I have a box that somehow dropped off the domain, running 4 VMs. I can't login to the host or the VM Console, but the sucker is still folding...

Well, thats all that really matters, right? :D

Excellent.

Glad this was posted on the front page with a little more detail of what it was.

I had ignored this thread before b/c the name made it sound like some silly monkey business. <punn intended> :)

I'll put a few PC's on this.

I should have 6 SMP clients changed over in the next 3 hours,
Might even be able to get my PS3 changed over tonight.

Glad this was posted on the front page with a little more detail of what it was. I had ignored this thread before b/c the name made it sound like some silly monkey business. <punn intended> :)
Never judge a book by its cover. :cool:

Glad you decided to join in.

Yeah, we're all gettin' a little tense for the "blitz off" by [H]ardApe against the, IMO, inferior challengers in the "Chimp Challenge" race. :rolleyes:

I just did my switchover thing the easiest and least complicated way I could. (for me anyway). I only have three(3) boxen crunching ATM :(

First I killed the F@H client that was crunching at the time, then I opened up the terminal (I fold in Linux) and entered cd ~/folding/FAH (first) and (second) ./fah6 -smp -configonly, these are the names of my directories yours may be different. I then changed nothing but my user name to [H]ardApe. I just used my old activation number or whatever it is. (You can just leave the line blank from what I understand). I just entered everything else to default with the exception of the "advanced" option thing and I used it to set my boxen numbers accordingly. When that was complete (the command line went back to normal) I simply entered ./fah6 -smp -verbosity 9 at the command line and started crunching under the [H]ardApe. username :p

I did have to wait on my FAHmon program to change from my username to the [H]ardApe username. I think it's like one WU completion before it switches usernames (from your name to [H]ardApe). I just checked my most recent FAHlog.txt to make sure it was using the [HardApe username instead of mine :)

This is only my switchover "How To" for us lazy people (with the same directory names as mine and are folding with a 64 bit Linux OS) wanting a way to fold for [HardApe and don't want the switchover to be complicated or anything close to work. ;)

GO [H]orde

[H]ardape just showed up in my threat list :p:D

I can switch one boxen by the 3pm est start...the others I have to wait until I get home around 6:30-7pm ;)

I wouldve panicked to see someone in my threat list, only to realize it is partially myself!

This should be really neat to watch unfold!

I wish we could nab the whole team and end this thing in 4 days.

Back