China Already Selling Intel Z68 Express Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Intel Z68 Express motherboards could already be on store shelves in China. I can't seem to get any information from the Chinese site hosting this image, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. Thanks to E. Masters for the link.

What cpu goes in those boards?

If it takes a CPU yet to be released....the board seems to be of little value.:eek:

What's keeping preview - reviews from showing up on "enthusiast" sites like this?

A board without a CPU. I guess it makes for a fancy paperweight?
palm and face, you know the routine.

Z68 is a LGA1155 board. As in it uses LGA1155 Sandy Bridge processors.

why does the chinese get the board first. ohh wait they make them there. now i get it.

palm and face, you know the routine.

Z68 is a LGA1155 board. As in it uses LGA1155 Sandy Bridge processors.

Is it? I saw a logo with 2011 on the front of the box. I guess they felt the need to mention the year on the front of the box.

X68 is the one that supports an SSD as a caching drive for a regular hard drive, right? Or was that Z68? I forget.

Maybe I should wait on upgrading then. A 64GB SSD would be nice for caching a 1TB drive that I want for just games. I already use one for the OS drive and could never go back to a regular drive for it.

Z68 should support SSD caching
I'm not sure that's a hardware specific feature. SSD caching was listed as an Intel RST 10.5 (not released yet) feature and may be available on other chipsets too.

X68 is the replacement for the X58, which is to have the 2011 socket.

This is PRECISELY why I asked.....;)

I thought the X68 board was for the new "replacement " CPUs for the S1336, which would be S2011, NOT 1155, which is Sandy Bridge, or that board would already be in use.

So once again....you have a new board and no CPU to put in it yet.:eek:

Shouldn't that board have video out if it's the Z chipset, or am I confusing it with something else.

I thought the X68 board was for the new "replacement " CPUs for the S1336, which would be S2011, NOT 1155, which is Sandy Bridge, or that board would already be in use.

The X68 chipset has been superseded by the X79 chipset for Socket 2011.

193b.jpg

193ab.jpg

Z68 is for Socket 1165. So you have a new board with PLENTY of cpus to put in.

Just adding that those are Taiwanese sites, not Simplified Chinese from China, and most computer products are from Taiwan as well.

I have not cared about the Sandy Bridge release one bit, so I am not versed on the roadmap.

I have a fine X58 system, and frankly, logically it would fit that the next enthusiast chipset would be X68 not X79.....but what do I know.:D

I have not cared about the Sandy Bridge release one bit, so I am not versed on the roadmap.

I have a fine X58 system, and frankly, logically it would fit that the next enthusiast chipset would be X68 not X79.....but what do I know.:D

all you need to know is what intel tells you to know. and no more!

Myabe I should ask this then: I had planned to do a total replacement upgrade and get a 2600K and an 1155 board like the Asus P8P67 or similar and ramp it up to 4.5Ghz, with a time frame of around October. Should I consider one of these new chipsets instead or are the features not really worth waiting for, and just stick to what I have picked out?

Z68 - X68 I'm so confused. I thought Z68 was the 2011 pin mobo chipset. How long before X68 gets released?

Z68 - X68 I'm so confused. I thought Z68 was the 2011 pin mobo chipset. How long before X68 gets released?
There will not be a 'X68', the next enthusiast-level chipset will be 'X79' that is the one that will support socket 2011.

An updated roadmap.

127ad.jpg

[21CW]killerofall;1037144981 said:
Taiwan is in China BTW so it is accurate.

Tell that to someone who's Taiwanese and you'll get an earful.

An updated roadmap.

127ad.jpg

Tell that to someone who's Taiwanese and you'll get an earful.

Wait... Only 6 cores/12 threads for Sandy Bridge-E? Wow. Well, at least there will be a new '920' in the 4 core SB-E chip.

Back