China Says U.S. Routinely Hacks Defense Ministry Websites

HardOCP News

[H] News
After being busted red-handed trying to hack U.S. sites (you name it, they tried hacking it), China now claims that it is actually us evil Americans that are hacking them!

Two major Chinese military websites, including that of the Defense Ministry, were subject to about 144,000 hacking attacks a month last year, almost two-thirds of which came from the United States, the ministry said on Thursday.

Well, okay, but to be fair 90% of the hacking attempts originating in the US were actually made by Americans in the employ of foreign intelligence agencies.

every country there are hackers that are trying to hack other countries.

no one is safe

I am now playing a violin. You can't see it because it's just 1 Ångström in length, but I assure you I am playing it feverishly.

Wasn't it just a few days ago that there's an article featured talking about the lack of manpower in the US for 'cyberwarfare'? :confused:

I am now playing a violin. You can't see it because it's just 1 Ångström in length, but I assure you I am playing it feverishly.

You, Sir, have very tiny hands.

I see the overall problem here is equaltiy. China hacks EVERYTHING, we hack back their defense ministry. We need more patriotic 'Mericans hacking the Chinese public.

(Pay us 625 yuan <$100USD> or we delete all the contacts in your phone!)

China has four times the US population, so they should theoretically have four times the amount of brilliant minds among them. Cyber warfare is not something that we can win. Nor should we impose "rights" on their culture because we don't want equality turning in to war/uprising.

China has four times the US population, so they should theoretically have four times the amount of brilliant minds among them. Cyber warfare is not something that we can win. Nor should we impose "rights" on their culture because we don't want equality turning in to war/uprising.

Are you saying quantity equates quality? lol I think you should move to China and help them out.:rolleyes:

Yeah, because you know genetics has "nothing" to do with brilliance or anything(not saying either gene pool is better just that it is a factor.), or infrastructure, or the amount of people educated, or the height of education, or how the population lives. sure there are 4 times as many of them, but how many of them are actually educated on a college level? How many of them have been around the tech block for a while, how much experience do they have? Not to mention the fact that a lot of their tech people are educated here, if borders were to close due to this "cyberwar" they would essentially be screwed for a while until they got widespread collegiate education.

cyberwarfare is something no one can win, eventually everyone will just unplug and do business the old fashioned way, or whoever is "winning" the cyberwar gets systematically destroyed by the "losers" when they say fuck this shit, we'll just invade and make them stop with guns instead of keystrokes.

while us i am sure does hack some.. ot is pretty obvious the chinese just pulled those stats out of their @ss' It seems to be working judging by just how many accept it as fact.

Are you saying quantity equates quality? lol I think you should move to China and help them out.:rolleyes:

Absolutely not. However, education and upbringing didn't account for some of the best and brightest inventors or mathematicians either. I'm simply referring to a standard bell curve.

I most fervently hope we have an active, robust hacking and anti-cyber campaign against China and every other hostile country.

....or the amount of people educated, or the height of education, or how the population lives. sure there are 4 times as many of them, but how many of them are actually educated on a college level?

I agree that they currently have people being oppressed by their culture. That's why I was saying if we start pushing our ideas of equality, opportunity, raise their minimum wage and rights, they will become a competitive force. And that wouldn't be a good thing.

Absolutely not. However, education and upbringing didn't account for some of the best and brightest inventors or mathematicians either. I'm simply referring to a standard bell curve.

There are brilliant people everywhere. in fact I'd wager there are more brilliant, genius level intelligence, people than we think. A lot of those brilliant people with huge potentials just don't have the motivation or care enough to put their intelligence to use in a way that will affect society. The far east, the middle east, africa, europe, russia, north america, and south america have all had(and have) some of the best and brightest inventors, thinkers, and arithmeticians. Look at the mayans, the greeks, romans, egyptians, syrians, ancient chinese, japanese, persian(muslim) empires. Brilliance is not an area thing, it's just how the genes and environment have shaped that individual.

And last I checked china isn't exactly a place that one can easily find out who the geniuses are, most of the people are peasants with really no chance to prove their above average intelligence.

Yeah, because you know genetics has "nothing" to do with brilliance or anything(not saying either gene pool is better just that it is a factor.), or infrastructure, or the amount of people educated, or the height of education, or how the population lives. sure there are 4 times as many of them, but how many of them are actually educated on a college level? How many of them have been around the tech block for a while, how much experience do they have? Not to mention the fact that a lot of their tech people are educated here, if borders were to close due to this "cyberwar" they would essentially be screwed for a while until they got widespread collegiate education.

cyberwarfare is something no one can win, eventually everyone will just unplug and do business the old fashioned way, or whoever is "winning" the cyberwar gets systematically destroyed by the "losers" when they say fuck this shit, we'll just invade and make them stop with guns instead of keystrokes.

Well start learing to speak Chinese. With 4 times the population, imagine the size of the invading army they could muster. With defense cuts, disarming the general population, etc. etc, we'd be screwed.

Well start learing to speak Chinese. With 4 times the population, imagine the size of the invading army they could muster. With defense cuts, disarming the general population, etc. etc, we'd be screwed.

Mind explaining to me how they would get such a massive army here without incurring massive losses on the way over? I mean, I'd be happy to know where they would get the ships and aircraft necessary to pull off a land invasion of the US. There's no doubt we're weaker, militarily, than we've been in decades but at the same time we still retain the most advanced fleets of ships and aircraft in the world, and command more nuclear armaments than China would ever care to take on. In any event, an invading force needs to be trained and armed as well, two things China has enough difficulty managing their current forces. Every time I hear that argument the first word that comes to mind is "logistics" because I just don't see that working out for any invading force of North America unless they have teamed up with a massive number of other states.

Back