Chopping up my P180...need some advice

javisaman

Limp Gawd
Yes! Another P180 thread:D

For my second build I plan on doing some extensive modding. I have an "older" p180 without all of those nifty features that the new p182 has.

There is already a water cooling loop inside with 7/16" tubing as well as a MCR320 triple rad hanging off the back via Swiftech RadBox. I also painted the side panels (don't ask).

Here is what I'm trying to do:

1) Modify the internals so that I can have similar wire management holes as the p182.

2) Add tubing holes as well as some mount holes to the top panel. I want to mount my rad on the top, because right now it looks kind of stupid hanging out the back in my opinion; no offense to those that like their rads hanging out the back.

Here is an diagram of what I am trying to do:
top%20panel.jpeg

Is there a way to remove the top panel so that I can make cuts on the underside?

3) Lastly, I want a bolt-on window like the one offered by performance-pcs.
P180 Windowed

My water cooling loop looks awesome (its my first one), and I don't think I'd be doing it any justice without the window.

In general, if you have any suggestions for doing the cuts please feel free to post them. Right now I'm just taking some preliminary advice because I probably won't have time until the end of June to actually finish my build. Also note this is the first time I'm doing any real modding with a dremel. I would like to know some techniques and the proper bits I should use for each cut. The p180 has triple layer panels and I'm not sure how well I can cut through them.

Thanks again!

Removing the top would be quite an ordeal as its held in by atleast 10 rivets.

As long as you lay down masking tape on the top around where you're going to cut I don't see why you can't cut from the top down and not damage anything.

As long as you have a dremel this shouldn't be too hard of a mod.

Back