Votes: 74 16.4%
  • Switched back to I.E.

Votes: 36 8.0%
  • Switched Back To FireFox

Votes: 181 40.0%
  • Never tried Chrome

Votes: 161 35.6%

• Total voters
I liked Chrome for the most part, but I miss my adblocker (yeah, yeah, I know ads are $$$. .
Whoops..:)

Anyway, I never tried it, but maybe I will after reading some of the comments...I guess its worth a shot.

I'm using Chrome for now. It's fast and simple. There are some bookmarklets or something like that that you can add to the bookmark tool bar, such as Ad Block and others. I wish I could get a password plugin working with it such as Sticky Password or Roboform.

I have "switched" to chrome, but I still don't use chrome for accessing secure websites because of the fact that chrome indexes secure sites so the index may have info such as account numbers and other ID related info. That isn't necessarily a huge problem, except that chrome phones home to give google data on how the index is working.

So yea, I don't use chrome to go to view my bank account online because I don't want any of that indexed or ANYTHING related to my use of that site sent anywhere for any reason.

In MSIE, you can select settings to specifically forbid the browser to cache https pages and to clear the cache on exit. If Chrome had an option to "never save anything related to https pages", then maybe I'd trust it but it doesn't, so I do not trust Chrome to not phone home with data or details on every page I pulled up with it.

But for regular browsing, chrome is sort of nice and I am still using it.

as to where IE is just useless

Could you send me your list of sites where IE is useless? I would like to see those.

As for the chick comment, I was just being a jackass and stirring the pot. FF is great for browsing, but I find sites that are interactive where it does not work well. I have very much enjoyed Chrome. I don't use any plug-ins, save two in FF. So no biggy.

And most of our readers now use FF. And it is pretty heavily a male demographic.

Tried it but I could not find a real compelling reason to leave Opera, FF, and IE.

Waiting for the Official Chrome releases to come out seemed fast but still compatibilities with websites. It had nowhere the amount incompatibilities and errors that IE does at beta 2 stage.

Love the default page/new tab page with the little previews of my 9 most visited sites. After a few days at work, it kept my most common places up top, and I can check all of them real quick now. It's probably a simple feature available in other browsers, but I like its implimentation in chrome. The lack of print preview is my only real gripe right now.

Since we use Google Apps at work I use it mail, calendar and apps. The JavaScript engine is very fast.

For web development, there is still nothing that comes close to FF, although I'd put Crome in second place it does have a built in JavaScript debugger and DOM viewer. Did I mention the JavaScript engine is fast?

I think there needs to be another voting option for "Using Chrome for google apps only" as the improved javascript engine makes all their apps great along with the ability to 'bookmark' a page as an application, accessed via a shortcut on the desktop. Fantastic idea!

As for developing, you can't really beat the developer tools for FF. I'll happily use FF or IE7 for browsing. Really depends on which application I alt-tab to first.

Apart from the speed, there is no real reason to switch over.
That plus there needs to be more options to customize it as well as looking at the most used plug ins
for firefox and implement those.

A real basic one for me is just that I want right click to open a new tab, instead of having to keep telling it to do so (an extra second but gets annoying)

The "Once Chrome is out of beta" sentence made me laugh. Hell, Gmail is still "beta".

There are a few things I am still trying to get used to in Chrome. I can't say yet if I will make a full switch or not.

It's fast and lean, but I have to couple it with FireFox for complete compatibility. I'll wait until it's out of beta before I totally commit myself to using it for most of my stuff. Right now, I'd say ~25% of my web usage is with Chrome.

Hah. I just switched back to Maxthon a few days ago.

Chrome just doesn't have the customization or the features.. Or a good pop-up blocker..

Gawd they should compare 6bit4 versions too.

My Milegage:
Chrome Beta (32bit) 3084
IE7 356
IE7x64 84
Firefox 3.1(32bit) 2589
Firefox 3.0.1 Minefield/x64 1889

Pretty rediculous spread, and I wouldn't leave out the change of Google optimizing, may go for quake/quack style testing if I get unlazy this weekend...

i tried chrome and can't stand the "aw snap something went wrong" crap..damn no-sandbox fix won't even work either..

Haven't tried it yet. I figured it wouldn't have all the nice plugin equivalents that I use so often in Firefox so I just have bothered yet.

I tried it and have continued to use it at times. I mostly stick to FF3.1, but I do get into Chrome if I'm doing non-work related browsing with 5 million tabs open at once.

Tried it.

No adblock or other plugins = No Chrome for me.

Uninstalled and back to FireFox.

stuck with it, I like the minimalism plus speed plus stability. Only wish is for extensions, then it would be perfect.

Once Chrome is out of beta I think there will be a lot more users.

if it gets out of beta..

i liked the simple interface of chrome, but... I switched back to Firefox/IE without any apparent reason, maybe its just me, but google was a bit late lunching their browser since IE/Firefox/Opera (and even maybe safari?) has been dominating the browser wars, adding another to the mix just made it to much to me to comprehend and test, made me realize to stick with what I was using (FF & IE), thanks google!

Tried it, but did not find any compelling reason to keep using it over IE(with IE7Pro as my only add on). Perhaps after beta, but prolly not. IE works fine for me.

Tried it, of course, and uninstalled it.
Speed isn't everything. The comfort of use is more important feature in my opinion.
And believe me, Fx is unbeatable in giving the oportunity to the enthusiast user to configure it in the most desired way.
So, Chrome, you have long way to go. Glad we met (and said goodbye).

pros:
- every tab has its own process (security, stability)

cons:
- still unextendable
- puts GoogleUpdate everywhere in the system (as Task Scheduler item, as registry Run item, as Firefox plugin (!!!!!!!)
- does NOT uninstall correctly (all GoogleUpdate references in cons #2 remained after "uninstall" and the update utility remained in the Chrome folder too)

Trying Chrome and keeping it along with FF3 and IE7, but I have to agree that I don't trust Google with constant personal info (really feels like big brother is watching).

I used it for a while but since firefox already does everything I want, I have no reason to continue using Chrome

If it ever gets an ad blocker then I might make the switch.

I use firefox on my desktop still - I use a bunch of add-ons / scripts that I couldn't really do without. On my older dell laptop chrome is perfect - faster, lower memory / cpu footprint, etc. - it just does what you need it to do without any fuss.

Keep firefox for your desktop, but if you have a laptop / netbook too seriously consider making the switch. If you try it on your laptop I doubt you'll go back.

Never tried it. I've always used IE and have never needed a reason to switch.

If your webpage doesn't display correctly in IE, there is something wrong with your webpage.

I liked firefox, but when tabbed browsing came to IE, and IE did tabbed browsing better by default, I uninstalled firefox. No reason to keep another program/icon cluttering my computer.

Netflix watch instantly is one big site that requires IE.

I tried CHROME and noticed that it was a little faster than IE, however there are three reasons I didn't stick with it:
-IE is going to be compatible with every site I need and chrome may not be
-the page scrolling when using a touchpad is unacceptable. I like to be able to scroll smoothly while reading a page and the chrome scrolls in increments of 1/3 page or so.
-chrome is apparently not compatible with my windows visual theme so it looks very out of place when I launch it.

The fact is simple that IE, in it's current state, still doesn't like CSS or XHTML as much as other browsers do. When styling using CSS or XHTML, you have to pay special attention to certain things in order to get it to work properly with IE. I mean, standards are there for a reason, and it seems that MS has chosen not to follow those standards exactly as they should be. I've heard that IE8 promises to fix these issues, and I hope they do, for the sake of development without a whole ton of worry.

So if someone's web page doesn't display correctly in IE, but it DOES in another browser, then there's something wrong with IE. Which is usually the case.

I dont trust Google with my info so I cant recommend it.

yes... google have enough of that already...

there needs to be laws on how long companys can keep search information and how it's allowed to be used... it's quite unfair that every idiot that has typed stuff into google unwittingly has their personal details logged..

I really don't care if my browser loads a page in 1,2 or 1,6 sek, but i care about surfing without ads, and adblock is something Google or Chrome will never support.

Actually Google reminds me more and more about 'The Foundation' and i must admit that i find Microsoft much more trustworthy then Google today, who would thing that anyone would say and think that.

Actually Google reminds me more and more about 'The Foundation' and i must admit that i find Microsoft much more trustworthy then Google today, who would thing that anyone would say and think that.

yeah i trust the chinese and american governments more than google right now....

Good thing there are alternative search engines available. If google got the monopoly, they could cencor whatever they wanted and the free internet would die.

Back