Chrome Is Overtaking Firefox Among Power Users?

What browser do you use?

• IE

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 195 37.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 272 51.6%
  • Other

Votes: 24 4.6%

• Total voters
I used to use Firefox exclusively back when I ran an XP box. Since the advent of Vista , Windows 7 I can't be bothered with it anymore and just run IE8.

and btw, not the same version as the one on FF, but it works practically the same.

"Works practically the same" is the issue because in reality it isn't anywhere close to being like NoScript.

I'm looking at Chrome with NotScript right now. It has NONE of the advanced protection like clickjacking or ABE that NoScript gives you. They even have a disclaimer stating that. All things considered though this is a step in the right direction but unless the underlying API's are made far more robust then Chrome will always only have a half-assed NoScript.

You can read Giorgio Maone's thoughts on NotScript here: http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1676&hilit=notscript&start=45

Right now there's no way for me to get the same protection on Chrome that I have in Firefox. Cookie management is abysmal. The only LSO cookie manager for Chrome is in the form of the impressively bloated "Click and Clean".

I'll probably give NotScript a try because Chrome's speed is unmatched compared to FF 3.6.10. However, I just see myself going back to Firefox because I have more control over the browser due to the extensions I use.

Are you guys using NoScript for privacy or security? At default Chrome is probably as secure as Firefox with all these add-ons because of the sandboxing.

Firefox user here. As soon as another browser comes up with an existing Firefox addon (which may not be named on [H]) I would look into switching.

Are you guys using NoScript for privacy or security? At default Chrome is probably as secure as Firefox with all these add-ons because of the sandboxing.

I use it for both. Sandboxing is great but it doesn't prevent people from being stupid. Putting NoScript on a relatives and friends computers means I get less phone calls about fake AV and other crap from being installed.

Still using Firefox, the beta for 4 has a slicker interface and hasn't really been giving me problems. At least it's worth knowing that google doesn't get a front row seat to my personal life through direct access to my data.

I may be paranoid for no reason but paranoid regardless.

Back