Cities: Skylines livestream.

The trailer is amazing, wonder how it runs with a huge city / population.

Seems to run really easily on whatever PC they have in the studio.

Probably in part because the video is pre-rendered and not live.

Granted I'm of the opinion at this pont that anyone making a "Cities" franchise game is automatically by default incapable of optimizing it worth shit.

Well I meant that the game is running really well right now. This looks like they are playing live to me. In all honesty I was doing something else and glancing over at it from time to time. ;)

Mods in the Steam Workshop seems neat too. Unlimited money mod ftw!

I'm really hoping for good things out of this, I love city sims. Cities XL is crap. Has been crap for years, but they keep re-releasing that same crap every year with a new name but no other changes. Sim City I actually enjoyed despite all the hate, but I reached a point where it was too irritating dealing with the small city sizes. Hopefully these guys get it right.

This looks pretty nice. I always love the idea of a city builder, but the experience is hard to get the enjoyment I wish I could get.

Closest I have ever come was Sim City 4 and a ton of add-ons from the STEX. It would max out my old AMD X2 4400+, especially with the Network Add-on Module (real time traffic flow simulation-ish).

What is the advantage of the Deluxe edition. Just the 5 buildings or am I missing something?

I went ahead and pre-ordered this. $23 from GMG with a voucher. The game looks great. According to Origin, I have played Simcity for 33 hours. If I managed that, I'm pretty confident I will get my monies worth here.

Well I broke my resolution and pre-ordered last night...after watching the 3 part stream with quill I'm pretty confident that this will be a decent game. There is mod support so if the devs can't make it, atleast they're allowing their fanbase to contribute.

Well I broke my resolution and pre-ordered last night...after watching the 3 part stream with quill I'm pretty confident that this will be a decent game. There is mod support so if the devs can't make it, atleast they're allowing their fanbase to contribute.

That's pretty much how I felt. All the media I've seen looks great. It's pretty obvious they took a lot of inspiration from SimCity, but actually paid attention to everything that was wrong with that game and did the opposite. Modding support and large cities really have me excited, and in everything I've watched I really haven't seen a single thing I don't like. For the price, I'm willing to take my chances and support a developer that's trying to make the game everyone wanted SimCity to be.

That's pretty much how I felt. All the media I've seen looks great. It's pretty obvious they took a lot of inspiration from SimCity, but actually paid attention to everything that was wrong with that game and did the opposite. Modding support and large cities really have me excited, and in everything I've watched I really haven't seen a single thing I don't like. For the price, I'm willing to take my chances and support a developer that's trying to make the game everyone wanted SimCity to be.

The encouragement of modding is a refreshing approach. I think there's already mods on the Steam community workshop page. They seem pretty involved with communicating and taking feedback from their community on their forums. I think there's a popcap of 1,000,000 and 9 expandable tiles per map. I'm hoping they will unlock the tile cap.

The encouragement of modding is a refreshing approach. I think there's already mods on the Steam community workshop page. They seem pretty involved with communicating and taking feedback from their community on their forums. I think there's a popcap of 1,000,000 and 9 expandable tiles per map. I'm hoping they will unlock the tile cap.

I read/saw somewhere that the 9 tiles is an artificial cap put in place for performance reasons, and that there will be an option do disable it for those with the proper hardware.

Back